“Made me LOVE BLT's”

Cuisines: American
Description: Blt
Description: Blt
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I never cared for BLTs (I hate tomatoes) so when my boyfriend suggested Merritt's I was less than thrilled. I loved the history of the place so I decided to give it a try. OH MY GOSH! These people seriously know how to make BLT's and now it's one of my favorite meals! They perfectly layer bacon, lettuce, and tomato on amazing sourdough bread with mayo and salt/pepper. I also recommend adding avocado - so delicious!

The set up of the restuarant is confusing (you have to stand in line to order and then take your ticket to the cash register in the front to pay before picking up your food) and caused us a little stress the first time we went. However, once we figured it out, we were all in. They have awesome outdoor seating out back and with only about five tables inside, you'll want to take advantage of this. Additionally, they often have a live musician playing music inside, which is a great added bonus while waiting to order and get your food.

The sandwiches are HUGE, so only order a double if you're extra hungry! I can't attest to anything on the menu except the BLT - once I tried it, I just can't get myself to order anything else. I highly recommend giving Merritt's a try! We were so pleased with our experience and we continue to bring guests who visit us to try the best BLT in the world!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

First, I am big fan of BLTs. I am also picky about them being done right. I have been trying to go to Merritt's for a while after seeing a write-up in a NC magazine. Finally made it today for lunch and am now a huge fan. Fun old-time atmosphere, friendly workers, mixed crowd of locals, college students, construction workers, and seriously the best BLT I have ever had. Perfectly toasted sourdough bread, fresh green lettuce (not iceberg!), great tomatoes with wonderful amount of salt and pepper, just the right amount of mayo, and lots of crispy bacon (cooked right). I am hooked. Can't wait to go back. If you go, I suggest going early for lunch. We arrived at 11am and had just a couple of people in front of us. By the time we left, it was filling up.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stopped in to try them out. The BLT's were good. Ordering was a bit different. You enter and order in a little alcove, then you have to go to the other end of the store and pay and then back in another line to pick up your order. They have a few tables inside but there is a patio out front and one in the back as well. They have additional parking across the street.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

After seeing the lines outside of the restaurant decided to stop. We ordered double layer bacon tomato lettuce sandwiches on bread made nearby (The Bread Shop, Pittsboro, NC). Mid-meal we decided we could have shared the sandwiches due to their size! We ate outside under the trees and enjoyed the fresh air.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is just a take out place in a converted gas station but they use gourmet ingredients and yummy breads. They have 3 levels of BLT sandwiches.... BLT, BBLT and BBBLT. I had a BLT and it had more yummy bacon than ever! More than enough for a great sandwich. But if you long your pig you can get more and more bacon. Behind the store is lovely concert venue in the trees with picnic tables. Very peaceful and great for kids to run around safely.