“Great food, extremely friendly owner, pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Top This! - CLOSED

Top This!
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Kids loved the burgers, sweet potato fries, and Rosemary chips. Mom's salad, which was good, arrived a couple minutes later so the friendly owner gave us a bowl of roast beef with gravy, and some to-die-for brownie bites on the house. He chatted with us and made us feel welcome, while we visited the town.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Looking for a good sandwich shop on Franklin Street across from UNC? Go no further than Top This. Real genuine owner and staff but more importantly outstanding roast beef made on site with almost any topping imaginable. Its all up to you. The restaurant was clean as was the bathroom which I always use to get an idea of the cleanliness of the kitchen. A real surprise. Will always go back as long as my child goes to school there.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

It's counter ordering and then they bring it to your table.
Nice selection of roast beef sandwich choices. The beef was excellent!
Pleasant atmosphere - pub style.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

If you like sandwiches and burgers this is a nice place to visit on Franklin street. My family enjoys their roast beef sandwiches. I also enjoy the many options I have for topping my sandwich. The owner is also very nice and attentive to all costumers. They have a menu that can satisfy all ages. I just hope they warm up their breads better, a sandwich so good needs a warm bread as well.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We had never noticed this restaurant on Franklin Street until today. Found out they have been there for almost a year.
The concept is to build your own sandwich or burger....pick a meat, pick a bun, cheese, sauce, etc. They also have some "suggestions" that are already built for you. I had " The Tarheel" roast beef. My wife had the burger. Both were great. We split the homemade rosemary parmesan potato chips which were also a hit.
The roast beef and turkey are roasted on site. The burger seemed to be good quality and was cooked perfectly.
There is a good selection of bottled beers and craft drafts.
The owner Tom is very friendly and enthusiastic about his restaurant. Lynn our server was also very nice.
I would definitely recommend this place for lunch or for a pre game beer and bite to eat. I will be back!