“Avoid the aggravation!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Monroe, VA
“Avoid the aggravation!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

The server was very nice and helpful; that is where the pleasant experience ended. They didn't have what is on their wine list. The food was nothing special. Dessert servings were small. We made the mistake of asking for separate checks which the waiter was fine with but the chef/owner was not. We asked for receipts and the chef/owner came out and actually hollered at us! He said he didn't 'have time for this' yet the place was not busy by any means. He then threatened to fire the waiter since he agreed to split the check and give us receipts. The man has no concept of good customer service. I hope Brian, the waiter, quit. No one should have to work for such an ogre!

• Visited June 2012

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Run away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Horrible place. Terrible staff, and no corkage fee. Wine list just a guideline. Stay away from this place.

Visited November 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Small, intimate place. Authentic food. Feels almost like eating in someone's home.

Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I think the chef cannot cope”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Poor, poor man, he has great cooking talent when not under pressure! I had some wonderful dinners there. It's the experience that wavers for the customers. It's an emotional roller coaster and the mood is cooked within the food you are served.

Catch the chef on a good night, your golden. Catch the chef on a less than good night, don't go! But how would you know until you show up?

Visited February 2011
1 Thank Paisleyday
chapel hill, nc
“Didn't know food and service could be this bad.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

I ate here over winter and i can safely say it was the worst meal I've had in my six years of living in the Triangle area. We waited forever for water and bread, and then for a tasteless appetizer. I ordered the risotto, but the waitress brought out an entirely different dish. When pressed, she stated without apology that "we are out of risotto." Never mind that I might have liked to choose my own replacement meal. What was ordered by the other people in my party, however, was so foul that perhaps it would not have mattered. The pasta sauce was sub-Ragu. The butter was served in plastic packets. The food was only mildly warm. I wouldn't have been surprised to learn they just microwaved some Lean Cuisine meals and served them on plates. Even when we expressed how unacceptably bad the meal was (and that I never got the entree I ordered), no apology was given, no refund issued (yep, they charged me for the non-existent risotto).

2 Thank trotskycore