“Very Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vespa

Vespa
Reserve with OpenTable
Vespa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 285 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Malette
Description: Looking for elegant and relaxing ambiance with artfully crafted dishes, tasty cocktails, wine, and easy parking? Vespa Ristorante can be your go-to. We're located in the heart of Chapel Hill on Franklin street and can be available for large parties. Come say hello to our owner/head chef and our friendly staff.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Service was fine but the food was very disappointing. We left frustrated at the quality and the price we paid. The slow cooked roast was hard and a bit like pieces of leather. The two different dish described different sauces, but what came was basically identical. The flavors, texture, and presentation of the main dishes were all much worse than we expected. The Swordfish carpacio was interesting and good, however. I love italian, but next time we will pass on Vespa.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Hyattsville, Maryland
“Excellent service, good atmosphere, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I visited Vespa recently on a trip to Chapel Hill, and overall it was a good experience.
We were greeted and seated promptly by a pleasant hostess. Drink reccomendations came soon after and were met with approval. We went with an olive and oil-based puree appetizer which was delicious. For an entree, I had a seafood-heavy pasta. It was alright. I wasn't thrilled. I usually don't go with cheesecake for dessert, but theirs was pretty good. Our waitress, Allison (I'm pretty sure that's her name) was excellent, polite and attentive. The interior of the restaurant is warm and well-decorated (apart from an odd, misplaced-looking, random rug hanging from the ceiling in one spot) with very cool, large old Italian movie posters. Basically, if you're in the mood for Italian food and are in Chapel Hill, then this is your place.

• Visited March 2014
Greensboro, NC
“Good food...good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had lunch here on a recent trip to Chapel Hill. The lunch special was $10.99. With that we got our choice of soup or salad and the entree. The carrot soup was very good. My wife had chicken/spinach ravioli with a spicy tomato sauce. I had lasagne which was possibly the best lasagne I have ever had at a restaurant. The wine list has some very reasonable selections. We had a nice Italian red for $24. Service was very good.
On Sunday wines are half priced. On Wednesday entrees are half price. If you have not tried Vespa give them a try instead of the long wait at 411 West down the street.

• Visited March 2014
Chapel Hill
“Two course lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Went for lunch. Veggie lentil soup was good - it was a cold day - although one of the party found it salty. Pasta dishes were all right but nothing that I couldn't make at home. Waiter was friendly and attentive but not overly so.

Visited January 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Awesome food, awesome service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Although I have lived in Chapel Hill for years, I had never been to Vespa before. But a friend told me about their half-priced entree special on Wednesdays and I decided to check it out, and I'm so glad I did. The waitress never let our water glasses get low and was super attentive to anything we needed. The ceaser salad, "Ciociora" was the best one I've had on Franklin St. and the Pork Loin was phenomenal! For desert we had the tiramisu which was absolutely amazing. My experience at Vespa was one I'm looking forward to repeating and I would recommend it to everyone. I know I'm going back on Sunday for half-priced wine!

• Visited January 2014