“Great Food and Unique Experience”
Review of Talullas

Talullas
Reserve with OpenTable
Talullas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 296 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roberson Street
Description: When you walk through the shadowed glass doors of Talulla's, an instant transformation begins to occur. Your mind and body begin to relax. Your ears pick up on the eclectic mix of music. Your eyes wonder around the walls, decorated in Turkish rugs; then the ceilings, scattered with warm, unique lighting pieces; then the floors... the dark, hardwood floors; and finally, across the plush seating areas, disguised by cushions and pillows and fabric leisurely draped around the frames.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Food and Unique Experience”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My boyfriend chose Talullas for his birthday meal this year. I was skeptical because I couldn't pronounce anything on the menu and had never tried authentic Turkish food. I was so pleasantly surprised! We had the hummus appetizer and although it was different (warm hummus..?) it was delicious. I then tried the Sebzeli Musakka which was layers of eggplant and zucchini topped with cheese and a tomato sauce - yum!

This made for a great special occasion between the new experience with Turkish food, the dark atmosphere, and great service.

Visited August 2013

Vienna
“A delight for the palate”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We are vegetarian and had a lovely meal of the Talullas salad, one hot, and one cold mezza and a Turkish version of eggplant parmesan. (Sorry I don't remember the correct name.)

Everything was delicious and elegantly presented. The service was excellent, the restaurant atmosphere was pleasant, and it was not noisy.

I recommend it highly.

• Visited October 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We ate on a Saturday night which naturally was busy, but our service suffered. The food was good but inconsistent in quality. I had the Talulla salad which was bland but the bread was excellent. I chose the shaved lamb which was too overcooked but the lamb on my husband's meat sampler was perfect. Overall good quality but not excellent. The decor is warm and cozy but the open room lends to too much background noise and difficult to hold conversations. Worth a trip if you don't expect excellence.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“top-notch Turkish cuisine”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

There are probably a half-dozen restaurants in the same block in Chapel Hill, tucked in among used clothing stores, tchatchke shops, and other businesses that are typical of a college town. But Talullas is special. If you look in from the picture window facing the street, you'll see a dimly lit, unprepossessing place that doesn't especially tickle your tastebud fancy. But if you go inside, you'll be treated to a wonderful Turkish meal that rivals any in a big city with a far greater Turkish population than Chapel Hill. My party of six sampled traditional appetizers and we could easily have made a meal of them because they were so good. Then came the main course--two of us chose a sea bass, others chose chicken or lamb dishes; everyone raved over the tastes, the presentation. The portion sizes were perfect; we ate our fill but didn't need "doggie bags." The wait-staff were solicitous, efficient, and knowledgeable, able to recommend both main dishes and wines. We chose a Turkish wine, one I had never tasted, and it was excellent. This restaurant is one I've visited in the past, and hope to visit more often in the future. Chapel Hill has a surprising number of really superior restaurants, and Talullas is right at the top of the list.

• Visited September 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Delicious! Casual and fun-”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have visited several times recently based on a friend's suggestion, and I have not been disappointed. The fish dishes have been excellent, and the pizzas are delicious. They have tables on the walk in front so you can enjoy the evening and watch the Franklin Street activity. An excellent place to order several dishes to share.

Visited August 2013