“Good Local Brews on Tap”

411 West Italian Cafe
Ranked #13 of 315 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 22 October 2013

It took us 13 years to go back to 411 West. Our first experience was not the best. But this time, the food was good, the selection of local brews on tap and the knowledge of the bartender of each beer was excellent. The server was very attentive and we had a totally different experience than we did on our original visit. We will likely add this to the list of places we would return to when searching for good food and a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went to 411 West Café for Sunday Brunch on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. It was a bright, beautiful morning and we were seated in the sunroom. From the mimosas, to sweet tea, it was a great start to Brunch. We ordered Shrimp and grits and Biscuits and gravy to share and each ordered individual Brunch entrees. The food was superb, fresh and flavorful. The service was excellent - mindful but not intrusive. Overall, it was a perfect Sunday Brunch.

1  Thank Sony S
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went there while visiting our college student a while ago. They have a great atmosphere, the service is outstanding and it's worth the trip just to try their Tiramisu. The iced tea was the best I've ever had. I would love to eat there again. We were seated in the conservatory and that just added to our experience.

1  Thank UnbiasedTruth
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had eaten here before and although we never found it to be an especially good restaurant it was acceptable and not too expensive. We ate here last night with two visitors from Italy, and were deeply embarrassed at this travesty of Italian cooking. I had the angel hair pasta with salmon, one of my favorite dishes. It had a bad smoked salmon flavor --my wife described it as freezer- burn-salmon, but more importantly the pasta was an overcooked gelatinous glob. I had a couple of forkfuls and stopped. My wife and one of the visitors had "risotto" with butternut squash, with shrimp. The risotto was a mound of boiled arborio rice with a few tasteless chunks of butternut squash. The shrimp itself was good. The other visitor had polenta with shrimp, a signature dish of one of the other restaurants in town. It looked awful, but we didn't ask. She left most of it. I think we had been lulled into a sense of security because we usually order pizza or a meat dish when we visit this restaurant, and while not spectacular they were acceptable. Uggh! Just the thought of that sticky pile of pasta turns my stomach.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My family has been dining here for years. Every time we are in the Chapel Hill area, this is a must do. Great Italian food. Service and atmosphere are terrific. Location right on Franklin street. Can't be beat!