“Excellent homemade biscuits”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bigger Better Biscuits for Breakfast and Lunch! In brief, Sunrise was established in 1978 in Louisburg, NC (actually 1977 but that is a longer story) and has been responsible for providing Bigger Better Biscuits for Breakfast and Lunch ever since. Our biscuit recipe is based on my Grandmother's recipe. Her biscuits helped give her the stamina to give birth to 17 children and live to almost 100. Our Award-Winning Chapel Hill location is a Drive-Thru Only Restaurant for your convenience. The Louisburg location features a Drive-Thru option as well as seating. Our regular customers particularly value our great food and fast, friendly service. In addition to biscuits, we also serve hamburgers and hot dogs. Our sandwiches include barbecue, chicken salad and tuna salad (chicken and tuna salad in Chapel Hill only and made on-site). A real southern treat is our sweet tea. Come by soon! Our Chapel Hill restaurant is located at: 1305 East Franklin Street Chapel Hill, NC 27514 (919) 933-1324 Our Louisburg restaurant is located at: 208 S. Bickett Blvd. Louisburg, NC 27549 (919) 496-2609
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent homemade biscuits”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend requested Sunrise for his birthday so we trekked over on a Saturday morning. When we arrived, the drive thru line was only four cars long. When we left, the line had grown and was backed up about 500 feet on the street.

The biscuits were amazing! Clearly homemade and fresh baked. In fact, there is a window into the kitchen and we could see the biscuits being prepared.

The chicken biscuit was fantastic and my bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit was great. It was very filling and reasonably priced.

I would highly recommend Sunrise to anyone in the Chapel Hill area! But get there early! The line backs up fast (but moves sir probably quickly!)

Huntington Beach
“So good for a quick breakfast.”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Ever had a Mc Donald's sausage and biscuit sandwich for breakfast? Well these guys did it first and do it better. Add a cinnamon roll to your order and your in heaven. Perfect for soaking up your hangover. I hear the fried chicken is the best. Drive throug or walk up. Either way, you get it to go.

Maineville, Ohio, United States
“Out of Towners Searching for a Local Favorite”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband heard about this place on one of the food and travel channels. It said they had huge, delicious, buttery biscuits served several different ways. We decided to stop in while traveling to the Outer Banks.
First, what I had envisioned the restaurant to be was very different. It was a little building only offering drive-through or walk-up service. It reminded me of a old-fashioned ice cream drive-in.
We sat in the parking lot and looked at the menu. It was pretty extensive when you consider it was mostly variations on a biscuit sandwich. We ordered a pork chop biscuit, a bacon egg and cheese biscuit, a sausage and cheese biscuit, a BLT, chicken salad sandwich and a shredded pork sandwich. All were served on a biscuit except the pulled pork. They were all GREAT! Like the show said, huge buttery biscuits that were the star of each item.
Our food was served very quickly and accurately and at a very reasonable price. I definitely recommend you try Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen!

1 Thank Becky R
“Still a favorite!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I've been getting biscuits here since I was a kid. It's still delicious! We come here to pick up breakfast when we don't have the time to sit down, it's drive through only here. Tasty tasty!

Charlotte
“Best chicken biscuit--hands down”
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

During an overnight visit to Chapel Hill at The Carolina Inn, I contemplated getting room service for breakfast. Not wanting to spend so much, I googled to see what was in the area. While the picture of the place did not instill great confidence, I decided to give it a shot based on the reviews. I was amazed at how good it was! I tried both an egg, cheese and tomato biscuit and a chicken biscuit. The egg and cheese biscuit was really tasty, but the chicken biscuit was out of this world. I have contemplated making the two-hour drive from Charlotte solely to visit this place! It is that good.

• Visited August 2012