“One of the best...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Beckley, West Virginia
“One of the best...”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

When I visit other towns, I seek out Mexican restaurants to compare their food with my favorite here at home. This is the first time that I've found a place that makes chimichangas even close to as tasty as the ones at Campestre.

The building is surprisingly large inside, fairly typical for a Mexican restaurant, and very clean. The waiter that served me was friendly and attentive without hovering, and the price of my chimis was very reasonable. The chips were very tender and crispy, and the salsa was a bit spicy, just the way I like it. When my chimis were brought, there was an enourmous mound of rice and two perfectly prepared beef chimichangas. The beef inside was very flavorful, and I was very pleased with my meal.

I will go back over and over, I'm sure!

• Visited January 2013

Fayetteville, NC
“Relaxing atmosphere, great food!”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before eating here---they would've scared me away. My husband and I (and three teen girls) were visiting our son in Chapel Hill, and he always likes to take us out to a place we "don't have at home." My son always does an excellent job of selecting places we'll like, and La Hacienda was no exception. The exterior of the restaurant is not indicator of the good food that awaits inside. We visitied on a Saturday for lunch, and we were seated immediately, after being offered seating outside on the porch, or inside the restaurant. I wish we had eaten outside because the seating was comfortable looking, and the weather would have been perfect for it. Our server was attentive and helpful. Chips and salsa were excellent. The chips were hot and perfectly salted, and the salsa was fresh tasting. All of our orders were correct, and everyone at the table was impressed with the quality of the food. You won't find better Mexican food in Chapel Hill for this price. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

• Visited June 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

It's a bit divey but some of the food (especially vegetarian entrees) was quite good, so it balanced out. Wait for a coupon and then go!

Raleigh, NC
“Great for Fun Night Out with Friends”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Delicious food, carefully prepared and a cut above the usual. I love the Camarones al Mojo de Ajo. Sometime has a great mariachi band. Service is EXCELLENT.

Visited August 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Will never go back again.”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Went to La Hacienda with friends to have a nice dinner after work. All started out ok. We had a beer and ate our chips and salsa while waiting for our meal. The resturant was empty, only about two other tables had people at them. This should have told us something. Our waiter was attentive to our needs. Our food arrived and it was not the best nor was it the worst I have had. The issue was when we went to take care of our bill. My friend had a livingsocial voucer to use. She paid $10.00 but the value was $20.00. Our bill was $32.00 and some change. The voucher clearly states alcohol is not included for use on the voucher. We knew that and was ready to use the voucher for our meal and pay for our beers. Once they saw our vouver the meal went from $32.00 to $39.00, before taking the $20.00 off for the voucher. This was CRAZY!!!!! We could not make them understand. They keep saying it was on special. All we wanted to do was pay the $32.00 minus $20.00 and pay the other $12.00 which was the alcohol. Well, they went and got the so called manager. He was the rudest man I have delt with in a long time. Would not honor the terms of the voucher. Said that we were trying to take advantage of them. He was the one trying to take advantage of an offer and get all the money back from the voucher. He would not stop being rude and very hatful to me. After a few minutes of going back and forth my friend pulled me off and said lets just pay and get out of here. We made it very clear that we would never return and make sure we told all our friends not to go there. So her is the real kicker. My friend got food poising from these resturant. She was sick for days. Do yourself a favor, pick another resturant to eat at. This on SUCKS!!!!!!! EAT at Torero's in Carrboro, they are wonderful people.

• Visited June 2011