“Good Mexican food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

Lots of seating, good service, big menu, good food and margaritas! Especially like their chipotle shrimp. Seating inside and out.

Visited October 2012

Beckley, West Virginia
“One of the best...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

When I visit other towns, I seek out Mexican restaurants to compare their food with my favorite here at home. This is the first time that I've found a place that makes chimichangas even close to as tasty as the ones at Campestre.

The building is surprisingly large inside, fairly typical for a Mexican restaurant, and very clean. The waiter that served me was friendly and attentive without hovering, and the price of my chimis was very reasonable. The chips were very tender and crispy, and the salsa was a bit spicy, just the way I like it. When my chimis were brought, there was an enourmous mound of rice and two perfectly prepared beef chimichangas. The beef inside was very flavorful, and I was very pleased with my meal.

I will go back over and over, I'm sure!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fayetteville, NC
“Relaxing atmosphere, great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before eating here---they would've scared me away. My husband and I (and three teen girls) were visiting our son in Chapel Hill, and he always likes to take us out to a place we "don't have at home." My son always does an excellent job of selecting places we'll like, and La Hacienda was no exception. The exterior of the restaurant is not indicator of the good food that awaits inside. We visitied on a Saturday for lunch, and we were seated immediately, after being offered seating outside on the porch, or inside the restaurant. I wish we had eaten outside because the seating was comfortable looking, and the weather would have been perfect for it. Our server was attentive and helpful. Chips and salsa were excellent. The chips were hot and perfectly salted, and the salsa was fresh tasting. All of our orders were correct, and everyone at the table was impressed with the quality of the food. You won't find better Mexican food in Chapel Hill for this price. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

It's a bit divey but some of the food (especially vegetarian entrees) was quite good, so it balanced out. Wait for a coupon and then go!

Raleigh, NC
“Great for Fun Night Out with Friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Delicious food, carefully prepared and a cut above the usual. I love the Camarones al Mojo de Ajo. Sometime has a great mariachi band. Service is EXCELLENT.

Visited August 2011