“Great food, friendly service”
Review of Fiesta Grill

Fiesta Grill
Ranked #27 of 313 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This Mexican food is the best around. My sister lived in Mexico City for over 10 years and she gives it two thumbs up. Very few places around use fresh spinach in their enchiladas, but Fiesta Grill does. Other ingredients are authentic, too. The place is small, so you might have to wait for a table during busy times, but they do a great take-out business. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

So small, yet we wait as long as we have to, or we simply order out or still wait happily. ....because it's the best dang Mexican food around. Yee hah! Great and cheerful staff. Chile Rellanos perfect. Spinach enchiladas oh boy. Shrimp Fahitas ...ole'! Home made salsa/ Pica De Gallo. Best chips....and the prices are very fair!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We looked this place up when we were in town based on the reviews we saw on here. From the outside it doesn't look like much and the seating area isn't very large and can get crowded with locals. The staff however was very friendly we were greeted with a smile and when seated our server went over the menu with us. They bring out chips and salsa which was good and I ordered a Shrimp Quesadilla which was larger than I was anticipating and simply delicious. The food was great and the staff was exceptional we would highly recommend this place despite the fact it is out of the way and will return.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Fiesta Grill is one of the best experiences I have had in a Mexican restaurant. They have great hand made chips, flavorful salsa and i would love a bowl of the sauce they serve on the rice... oh my! They have a huge menu so you truly can get anything you want. Their food is always fresh and the portions are large. Go early as the line forms around lunch and dinner. If there is a line, just grab a beer and join the crowd waiting. Fiesta Grill is a fun and delicious experience and a MUST TRY when in Chapel Hill.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I decided to try this place after seeing all of the great reviews. Honestly, I don't understand where they are coming from. I have never written a negative review of a restaurant before, and I don't think I am especially hard to please, but this was the worst experience I have ever had at any Mexican restaurant. We received a friendly greeting and were immediately seated when we walked in, so it started out great. Everything went downhill from there. The chips and salsa were not bad, although the salsa was very watery. We took our time looking through the menu, and waited for what seemed like an eternity for someone to take our order. We must have waited for 20 minutes or more. Finally, my husband had to walk up to the counter and ask someone to come take our order. I ordered the Mole Enchiladas and my husband had the Chicken Chimichanga and a Chicken Enchilada. The mole sauce was not the worst I have ever had, but that's all I can say for it. It really needed some spices or even some salt. The beans that came with it were just bad. The rice was the only thing I liked at all on my plate. The same went for my husband's chimichanga, and the sauce on his enchilada literally tasted like it had been poured out of a can from the grocery store. The whole meal was just extremely bland. Our food was nowhere near authentic Mexican. We have definitely gotten better Mexican at other restaurants for better prices. We still can't figure out why this place had such good reviews. Maybe we just caught them on a bad night, but we consider it money wasted and will definitely not be going back.