“Very Average Pizza”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Very Average Pizza”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Having been raised in the New York Metropolitan area, I have a high standard for pizza. This place didn't reach it by a long shot. It was just average pizza with a crust that looked homemade by someone who didn't know how to make crust. It took a while to get served, probably because it was Friday night in a college town. A lot of pizza was being delivered. In summary, nothing special for more than I wanted to pay.

Visited March 2014

Charlotte, NC
“Great find!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My daughter and I spent several hours on the road then toured UNC Chapel Hill. After an extremely long day we were searching for somewhere to eat before heading back on the road. We stumbled upon Amante and were so happy we did. The man behind the register welcomed us and explained the specials to us. Our salad was delivered as soon as we were able to fix our drinks and sit down. We ordered a garden salad. I thought by the price it would be basically lettuce in a bowl. It had lots of carrots and much to my surprise artichoke hearts. Yumm!! The pizza came and was really really good. Lots of toppings and a nice flavored sauce. If we are ever in Chapel Hill again will definitely stop by. The staff were very nice to us and after such a long day it made us felt special.

• Visited March 2014
Brevard, North Carolina
“Unexpectedly good pizza”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Having moved to NC from the Philadelphia area, we are quite picky about our pizza. We have tried (and failed) to find a good pizza in NC till now. While traveling we ordered a large pizza with mushrooms and roasted garlic. While size was a hit small for a large pizza, the crust, sauce, and toppings were excellent. Also, the pie was piping hot when delivered. What a nice surprise.

Visited March 2014
Greenville, North Carolina
“Chicken bone pizza”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was highly dissappointed when i got a pizza with chicken on it. They said it was all white meat. I did not get the notice saying that there would be bones in the chicken on the pizza. I was very shocked when i bit into a bone in the pizza and when I found a few more of them I was surprised. This was supposed to be high quality pizza one of the best places in town. No one warned me they had bones in it. I have issues with my throat and swallowing and have had to have surgery on my throat before so this is not something i was expecting or pleased with I will not be back.

• Visited July 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Better than any pizza chain out there.”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We all have our favorites from Amante so we each end up with our own pizzas. Delivery times get a bit long so choose pick-up instead. My husband has to get his with no cheese and they're still really good!

Visited March 2013