“Went for a wedding, stayed to sightsee” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chapel Hill

Courtyard Chapel Hill
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Leawood, Kansas
“Went for a wedding, stayed to sightsee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were in town for a wedding, so we got a decent rate. We used a few extra days to explore the area. While there, we were delighted about the size of the room, and how clean the hotel was. The staff was friendly, but a bit overwhelmed because the hotel was a bit busy. The location was perfect for sightseeing at UNC and Duke. The only issues we had were the hot tub and pool. Both had so many chemicals that just being in the space made the eyes water. When reported, the staff addressed the issue pretty quickly.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed the additional days in Chapel Hill! There is so much to do and see in our small town. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel clean, valuable and convenient. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Take care,
Crystal Ynum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very convenient location for RDU airport. Easy access to UNC.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank urbweiss
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thanks,
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a great place to stay while visiting Chapel Hill. Wonderful breakfast and awesome staff! I think the rooms are spacious and this hotel is so clean!

Janine Holland

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on a lower level room, just with convenience of getting luggage to my room because...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for naming us the BEST PLACE TO STAY IN CHAPEL HILL!!! Yes we are because we take pride in ensuring that all of our guests are exceptionally happy!

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future! :)

Thanks,
Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I use the Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill for the annual Inclusion Institute at the Friday Center and have never had any bad complaints in all the 8 years I have done business with them. In fact at my request the hotel started serving dinner for my participants during the meeting times and now we are working on lunch. Nicole is a blessing to work with!

To plan your dream trip always choose a Marriott. Second if you don't see something you want always ask? In my travels I have found that the Marriotts alway has the better service and the best accommmadations.

Room Tip: I have not used the spa so I did not rate it! Love those suites!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our services to you and your attendees have been excellent. We look forward to hosting your group every time you all are in the area.

Thank you!
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

As a Marriott Platinum Elite, I get to stay in a lot of Marriott properties and among them quite a few Courtyards.

Some Courtyards are better than others and sorry to say, there is nothing worse than a tired Courtyard that shouldn't have the name on the front door.

The Courtyard in Chapel Hill is one of the best in the country - it is beautifully decorated, the rooms and common areas tastefully updated, the staff phenomenal and always eager to please.

This Courtyard should serve as an example for the others! I come from the school that says if I am going to compain when things aren't right, I should be willing to let people know when they do a great job!

So, GREAT JOB, Courtyard in Chapel Hill.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you for such a great review of our hotel! We strive to ensure that every guest is satisfied with the total experience. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Thank you!
General Manger
Carolina Beach, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

I made a reservation for my stay in November of 2011. I decided to book early due to it being a very important weekend for my family and I. It was my daughter's graduation from college. I picked the hotel due to its location and due to it being a well recognized brand name hotel. The reservationist was very nice and informed me that due the high demand for rooms for that weekend that I would need to pay in full in advance to guarantee that I would have a room. When I arrived in Chapel Hill my family and I stopped for dinner at this point I called the hotel to make sure that a late arrival would be ok. The person at the front desk informed me that there had been a computer problem and that I did not have a room. I asked what was going to be done for me and he said that they would have to "walk me". My family and I decided to postpone dinner and go to the hotel to see where we were going to be relocated to. When I arrived at the front desk of the hotel a very stressed front desk associate told me that my family and 5 other would not be staying with them but 4 miles away. This may seem like no big deal but we were planning on using the shuttle to graduation the next morning which didn't come out as far as the motel which we had been relocated to.
So to sum up things I really don't know anything about the rooms because I never actually go to stay there. When my credit card statement arrived I had not been credited for my nights stay. I then had to call the manager and explain the whole ordeal again to have my credit card refunded.
All in all it was probably a nice hotel but if I had to give any advice it would be arrive at 3pm the check in time so that you will have a room for the night!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sydney S
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I apologize that you and your family were relocated to an alternate hotel during graduation weekend. As you mentioned in your review, this is a very busy weekend for the area and families book a year in advance. We try our best to accommodate every need and reservation to ensure that everyone has a pleasurable visit to Chapel Hill. Unfortunately during this weekend, a few rooms were placed out of order and weren't available to sell throughout the weekend. We has a hotel takes full responsibility when things like this happen and cover your stay at an alternate hotel.

I can assure you that this is not a common practice here at the hotel. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss further.

Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here on Friday, June 22nd. At check-in the room was at 77 degrees. When we got back to the hotel at midnight the room was still at 77 degrees although we set the thermostat for 69. We called the front desk and was informed that this was a comman problem and there was nothing they could do. Give your business to the Aloft that is down the street!

Room Tip: I guess you have to ask for a room for a working thermostat. I would assume this would be included...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulty with your thermostat while you were here at the hotel. I am unsure of a common occurrence with our thermostat due to limited complaints. I will be sure to review our guest service complaint log to ensure we don't have any pending or reoccuring thermostat issues.

Please feel free to contact me to share any other feedback regarding your stay that will prevent you from staying here again.