“Great suite.”

Courtyard Chapel Hill
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
“Great suite.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a night in a suite. We tend to travel this way whenever possible. The suite was very nice, we had a quiet room as we requested, the hotel staff were nice and the pool was clean and well maintained. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fine and the staff is good, but...

I was here for an overnight stay, checked in during a rain and discovered their Direct TV had been knocked out, so no TV. Next morning, still no TV. They might want to rethink Direct TV. Beds are not great either, pretty hard.

Stayed July 2014
Sandra W, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Martha,

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill. We deeply regret any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
We strive to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay and take your comments seriously as opportunities to review and improve.
Should your travels return you to our area, we hope that you will consider us again.
Thank you and have a great day.

Best,

Sandra Whittington
Courtyard by Marriott
Chapel Hill, NC
CT
Reviewed 13 July 2014

While my stay here was brief, it was a great one. Checked in late at night and the process was very easy and quick. Room was right off the elevator on the 2nd floor, prime location. Great beds and pillows, nice clean rooms although small. Breakfast was a little pricey but worth it...no other breakfast places nearby. Good location, only 5 mins to UNC Chapel Hill, 20 mins from airport.

I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for room near elevator (not on first floor). Not noisy like you'd think. Extremely quiet and...
Green Features: Not aware of any other than classic towels on rack for reusing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sandra W, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We look forward to your next visit to the Courtyard Chapel Hill.
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I want to like this hotel as it is a Marriott and is so close to our Chapel Hill family. We have experienced housekeeping issues before (see my review from earlier this year). This visit I requested a feather-free room and was assured at check-in that housekeeping had taken care of the request.

But no. In the middle of the night when I was having an allergic reaction, I found that only one of the pillows was foam. But, all of them were covered in grungy pillow covers and some with hair.

At breakfast, I watched as a server handled dirty dishes while returning butter from a table to the buffet. Just not sanitary.

If there is a bright side, management comp'd our room and offered us extra Marriott points to return. But, I think we'll be down the road at Aloft.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LaTrivs
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Another cookie cutter Courtyard by Marriott, but this one has two special assets: Latoya at the front reception desk is super friendly & efficient, and Rasool at the bar is the best bartender in town. As usual, the rooms are clean & comfortable. I do wish they had a mini fridge. The gym is small and uninviting.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MacinMac
Sandra W, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking out the time to write your review of our hotel. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and I will surely share your comments with LaToya and Rasool. We do have some rooms that have mini refrigerators in them and do try and block these rooms if we have a special request. Please let us know the next time you visit us and we will try and block you in one that has a fridge. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chapel Hill.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I'm a Marriott Platinum, and was treated like royalty at this hotel. Shanelle was extremely kind when I checked in and upgraded me to a two room suite (!), then they offered me a complimentary market item or Stabucks on top of points. The bistro service was excellent and fast, and the property is well taken care of. To top it off, my colleague and I needed to print a ton of pages at the last minute and Tirene went above and beyond to help us make it to our meeting on time with all of the materials. Very impressive! Did I mention they stock Sweet Josie beer in the market?

Room Tip: 490 was great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sandra W, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We take pride in ensuring all our guests enjoy their stay with us and I am glad to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chapel Hill!
New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed one night and the Courtyard was better than expected. My room was quiet, spacious and very comfortable. Staff were very friendly. Ample parking. Food and shopping nearby. Good wifi in the room. They had an indoor pool too.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sandra W, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking out the time to write your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and I will surely share your comments with our team.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chapel Hill.