“I highly recommend this hotel both for its comfort and hospitality.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chapel Hill

Courtyard Chapel Hill
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Loudon, Tennessee
“I highly recommend this hotel both for its comfort and hospitality.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

My son was recently married close to Chapel Hill and the majority of the guests stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott. The staff was extremely cordial and helpful and the rooms were large and well appointed. I appreciated the free internet access in the rooms and the fridge and microwave we had in our room. We had the buffet breakfast each morning and it was quite good and very reasonabe. One evening we had dinner in the hotel dining room and all were pleased with the meal and the service. Great hotel!!

• Stayed July 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

If you are traveling to Chapel Hill, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank nextstepmike
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2010

My husband and I just returned from this hotel. He had a conference and I tagged along. This is like no other Courtyard I've been to......Very comfortable, relaxing atmosphere, definitely Marriott quaility! Wait staff for breakfast was so pleasant! A definite recommendation!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

Always a very comfortable and welcoming stay!
Wonderful friendly & caring staff.
I always stay at this location when in Chape Hill, NC.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 14 May 2010
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We take pride in serving every guest! We here at Courtyard know that service can make or break a hotel stay. We strive to ensure every guest feel at home while staying with us!

We hope to be able to serve you in the future.

Take care,
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

As a business traveler I was not expecting the outstanding service I received from the Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Chapel Hill, NC. For starters, the hotel has good visibility and is centrally located in town; quick shopping, dining, and local entertainment were just around the corner. Upon entering the hotel, the decor embraces you to a feeling of luxurious comfort, the staff welcomes you with a friendly greeting and everyone is very eager to serve you every need. I was standing in line to check in and a manager rushes from the back to assist myself and other guests with check-in. I went up the elevator to my room to find the place spotless, and fully stocked with regular supplies. I received thebest nights sleep that one could ever expect on the road; the bed was soft and inviting, and linens were clean and crisp. I wanted to thank the Marriott staff for a job well done!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! It is great to read the positive feedback on your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. We hope to serve you again in the future!

Take care,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

We have stayed at the Courtyard Chapel HIll a number of times in the past three years. It is very convenient to the UNC campus and to the shops & restaurants up the hill in Meadowmont. It's on 54 across from the Friday Center and is easly missed when driving by--it doesn't strike you as a hotel when you first see it. Some times it is difficult to book here because the university keeps it full, but we have found the service to be very consistent stay after stay. The front desk is always helpful and friendly. The price of rooms vary tremendously depending on the demand. We have paid at least twice as much for a room at graduation time but that is typical for the area. The corner rooms which are a little more are worth it because of the extra space. Would recommend the Courtyard highly having also stayed at most every other hotel in the Chapel Hill area. The Residence Inn is also a good choice.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

We have been loyal Marriott guests since 1988 and have never encountered such rudeness as we experienced the past four days at the Marriott Courtyard, Chapel Hill, NC. When we arrived we asked if we could move our room to a quieter location. They agreed but indicated we should remain in the room we had for one night and ask the front desk for a change in the morning. The next morning we asked again about moving and Cynthia at the front desk said we needed to return by noon which we did and then sat in our room for one hour until they cleaned the other room. We moved our belongings to the designated location. At 8:30 P.M. that evening we received a telephone call at my daughter's home informing us we were transferred to another room two floors down. The next morning, I inquired about the change and asked to speak to the manager. The manager, Ronna Steifvater, defended Cynthia's actions, accused me of lying about the time line, the circumstances and belligerently asked "What did I want from them?" This treatment was undeserved and we do not feel we should have been subjected to the constant movement of rooms and finally the intimidation by the manager.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BB_VA_USA
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. What you experienced is not normal for us! We strive to ensure each guest is completely satisfied with their stay from the time of the reservation to checkout. Unfortunately, you did not experience what we do well every day. Please accept this reply as an apology for the mishaps. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to remedy this situation and protect your loyalty to Marriott.

Thank you!