“great place to stay for people searching for quiet and charming atmosphere”

Courtyard Chapel Hill
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Europe
“great place to stay for people searching for quiet and charming atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I had great time there.It's quite far to the town but it was so amazing,rooms,service,environment..completely astonishing..
Of course free internet,space to make barbecue outside, rooms kept in great design

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2011

My wife and I have stayed here twice now. Room experience being the only difference.
Pros: Clean, nice staff, location.
Cons. Rooms differ in comfort and amenities. Not all have fridge, desk is uncomfortable to use. Internet is slow. Noise from elevators/vending depending on location of room. Value.

Maybe being old school I miss the old courtyards for personality. This hotel doesn't really have any. You walk in there is a large column in front of you, a bar is on the left with a big screen TV dominating the wall. On the right is a small business area with a couple computers near the entrance and dinning area further back. The front desk behind the huge column.

My wife and I have been staying in chapel hill every other weekend for a couple months now due to a friend in the unc hospital ( which is very close by.) and you could say we have sampled most of the area hotels. We just don't feel is lives up to its rating.

That being said I would stay here again but not as my first choice

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Cheraw, SC
Reviewed 16 December 2010

I got called to Chapel Hill unexpectedly as my mother was dying, and showed up totally stressed with no reservation, not having any idea how long I was going to need to stay, and needing a connecting room for my sister, who was trying to get in from India, with no idea exactly when she was arriving or how long she was staying. The staff could not have been more wonderful, helpful, or accommodating in helping me get in and make changes as needed. This was the perfect place to stay - they have added dinner hours to the hotel restaurant, and room service, in addition to the long time breakfast, which was wonderful to come back to after a long stressful day.

The hotel is always extremely clean, very safe, nice rooms, excellent internet connections, and easy access either with your own car or by taxi to the UNC Hospitals. The exercise facility is small, but entirely adequate and never crowded.

If you can, ask for a room NOT on the east side - turns out that is the side with the dumpsters and kitchen, and where the delivery trucks unload... so not as quiet as one might wish.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruralartist
USA
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I often stay in Marriott Courtyards and this is one of the best. They are all clean and quiet, and in my experience the service is good, but this hotel is tops in all areas and had a spacious feel. I also found I could open my window, which I prefer for sleeping at night. I noticed the complaint of another reviewer whose room chair did not go high enough to use the desk comfortably. In my case, under the desk was a table at the correct height, and I used it without difficulty. Due to technical problems which I think were Marriott's, I was unable to log onto the Internet via the Marriott guest link. I could have complained, but it was late eventing and I thought that whoever their tech was would be at home so I did my e-mailing from the computers in the lobby. They worked fine.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Everything about our stay was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel was immaculate, well-located and beautiful and our bed was extra comfy. I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Farmville, Virginia
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This hotel had great service from the check- in counter to the maids who serviced the rooms.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Due to my father's illness,my family have been guests at this hotel for over 12 nights this year.It's location is safe and isolated from the interstate; yet,just minutes from the hospital. Anytime I've required assitance,Cynthia Knight has been an angel in resolving any issues with this hotel. The staff is courteous & polite & the property is well maintained.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business