“Starry Nights”

Morehead Planetarium and Science Center
Ranked #6 of 46 things to do in Chapel Hill
More attraction details
Owner description: Educational and entertaining programs for all ages that teach and explore the science of the universe.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have been going to the Planetarium since I was a child (I'm a senior citizen by most standards now). I feel so fortunate it is so close and I still look forward to going at least quarterly for the Starry Nights programs. I've been out to Jordan Lake for their sky watching sessions, which are also wonderful. The presenters do an excellent job and are very knowledgeable, fielding all kinds of questions. It's so great, you might even want to plan a visit to the Planetarium after checking their schedule. Starry Nights shows what's in the sky during that quarter. Every visit is different and I've enjoyed them all.

2  Thank foodiefromNC

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a great planetarium. Lie back in comfortable lounges and watch the universe fly past. It's especially fun at Christmas when UNC men and women a capello groups perform carols while you zip around the stars. It's like listening to a Christmas concert while staring at the screen on the bridge of the Enterprise. But I'd recommend it any time of year.

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A great to literally lie back and gaze at the stars. One learns much from the shows here. The projection system is intriguing, and this is a good place to learn about constellations, astronomy and physics.

2  Thank karmaswimswami
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Love planetariums & loved the fast-paced, fun presentation at orientation! Loved seeing the different views of the sky

1  Thank islandgirl357
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have been to the planetarium several times in the past and enjoyed it again this weekend. The museum itself is ok, but the stage science shows are fun and the planetarium shows are great. We saw Dynamic Earth. It was beautiful and my daughter really enjoyed it. My son liked it but it was totally above his interest level. After the show, the staff normally shows you what the night time sky in Chapel Hill will look like that evening....we always enjoy this part. Great stop in Chapel Hill.

1  Thank KristenM_Familyof4