This is a nice hotel on the main street in Chapel Hill. The bed was a bit soft, but AC worked well even with temperatures > 90 degrees. Staff was helpful and friendly, with a cookie at the front desk in the afternoons. The location of the hotel was ideal for checking out Franklin Street, and it was a 20-30 minute walk to Carborro.
A few downsides: the breakfast, which was include with the room, was OK (you either order an egg dish or non-egg dish such as a waffle). While I have had had worse breakfasts (see my review for the Darlington Hotel in London), the breakfast would not be worth more than $12-15. Also parking spots were limited. For my two nights, I was able to find a space at the hotel, but on more busy nights, this may have been an issue.
Overall, I was happy with my stay at the Franklin and would return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina