We stayed at this hotel after seeing it on TripAdvisor and deciding to stay near UNC as we completed area college tours and got in some relaxation. Location is fantastic, right in the heart of darling Chapel Hill, and it's easy to pull right into the garage. We buzzed at the gate to be let in, and within 2 minutes we had a bellhop waiting beside our parked car to carry our bags inside. Every detail of service was carefully thought out and graciously given, from sweet tea at check-in to an included cook-to-order breakfast in their lovely dining room overlooking Franklin Street. You can even choose pillows from a "pillow menu"! The room was beautiful, with a balcony overlooking the action, though it was too hot for us to enjoy it. No add-on fees - internet, parking, breakfast all included - and the hotel graciously allowed us to stay late in the garage during our campus tour. We would happily stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina