Very nice hotel with a great location in Chapel Hill. If you're not familiar with the area this hotel is located on the 'quieter' end of Franklin Street. Still a lot of bars and restaurants nearby though. Great location to walk Franklin St and also able to walk to the UNC campus. Very friendly staff makes for an enjoyable stay. Rooms are nice and bed is very comfortable. The in room sound system is a nice touch. Our room faced away from the street so it was very quiet. The only complaint would be that noise from the adjacent is quite audible through the connecting door. Other than that everything was great. Didn't try the free breakfast nor did we visit Roberts (hotel bar), but I'm sure both were good. Complimentary parking is a great extra amenity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina