Rizzo Center(Chapel Hill)
Book now, pay at stay
US$203
US$169
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$122
Courtyard Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$125
Residence Inn Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
US$129
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$192
US$188
Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$124
Aloft Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Pool
Chapel Hill University Inn(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$67
Chapel Hill InnTown(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$100
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationpillow menumade to order breakfastparking garagewalking distanceboutique hotellovely hotelunc campuscollege towncookieseach morningrooms are spaciousking bedturn down servicedefinitely stay here againfront desk staffcarolina inn
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I had the good fortune to be able to stay at the Franklin in Chapel Hill this past weekend...it continues to be one of my favorite hotels and I always look forward to being there. As always, I was greeted warmly at the front desk by David and Stephen, who genuinely seem to be happy to see me! I stayed in a different room this time and was completely happy with my self - imposed mix up (I requested the wrong room number). The bed was so comfortable and the room so pleasant that it's hard to leave! I slept wonderfully. Breakfast was simple yet very good as always, served by Neri, who is always very courteous and helpful. Had a quick drink the night before with my favorite barkeep, Bryan. The bar was active and busy...a tad loud with the live music, but it was fine. Friends were also staying in the hotel at my suggestion, for the first time. They really enjoyed it too. All in all, the Franklin doesn't disappoint! I love it!

Room Tip: balcony rooms overlooking franklin street are great
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hockeymom016
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Thank you for your kind words about The Franklin Hotel. Our job is to seek out the most dedicated and genuine individuals to serve you throughout your stay, and I am glad to hear that you felt both David and Stephen fit the bill.

I apologize about the volume of the music playing in our lounge. We're lucky to have such talented musicians play at the hotel, but I can completely understand how the live music could have interfered with your conversation in such a small space. I will meet with my team to find a more appropriate level of volume that will enable our guests to talk at a comfortable level while also giving our entertainers the flexibility to deliver a great experience to their fans.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope you will let us welcome you back soon!

Basia Wilzcek for the Welcoming Team, on behalf of Jay Patel

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed at the Franklin Hotel for the first time this past weekend. The front desk staff was very friendly and you could tell they would welcome any question you might have. The hotel parking was very convenient to the rear hotel entrance and was free (key card entrance gate for security). The king size bed was very comfortable and the room size, while not spacious, certainly met our needs. The only minor items I would bring up was that the toilet seat was loose (had to tighten it- something we read about in a previous posting on TripAdvisor) and I couldn't locate the "do not disturb" sign. Again, these are small issues that mgt will most likely address once they've read this. If you prefer to leave your car and walk to the many shops/ restaurants on Franklin Street, I can't think of a better hotel at UNC.

Room Tip: May want to stay on the back side, away from Franklin Street, during warmer weather if you prefer a quiet room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your warm comments about the Franklin Hotel! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about us and we will definitely look into the issues you mentioned,

I have personally talked with our maintenance engineer and housekeeping coordinator to focus on fixing all loose toilet seats. We are also working on building a more effective way to inform our guests of all our room features, including the electronic Do Not Disturb light.

Again, we really appreciate your comments and are always open to improvements. We strive to provide you with the highest level of service and hospitality, and will not stop until we get there. We hope to see you at The Franklin Hotel sometime in the near future!

Basia Wilzcek for the Welcoming Team, on behalf of Jay Patel.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

If you are trying to stay right in downtown chapel hill in a trendy and convenient spot then this is your place. I live right down the street and still stayed here on my wedding night just to feel fancy. Of course, you only live once and it WAS my wedding night. The staff allowed me to drop off our over night bags ahead of time but they wouldn't put them in our room for us, s o we were left standing awkwardly at the front desk for a few minutes when we first got there late at night. Our balcony suite was big, clean and perfect. Huge shower and bathroom too. Overall the best hotel in Chapel Hill but you definitely pay for the incredible location. This is the only hotel on Franklin st.
Overpriced but worth it.

Room Tip: Choose a suite. The balconies look over Franklin Street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Luckytraveler1981,

Thanks for sharing your experience at The Franklin Hotel. We're so glad that our chose to stay with us on your wedding night, and that you enjoyed the wonderful spa shower in one of our suites. Very high praise indeed, to call us the best hotel in Chapel Hill!

I'm sorry that we did not get your bags into your room ahead of time as you needed. I can imagine how uncomfortable that would be when you're ready to get settled into your room after a long wedding day. Our team will talk about why we didn't make that happen for you, and we'll find ways to be more accommodating for similar requests in the future.

Even though you live right down the street, we hope you'll continue to treat yourself to a staycation at our place often!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We are repeat guests of the Franklin, most recently in January 2013. Great location on Franklin Street. Well-trained, courteous and helpful staff. Incredible complimentary breakfast. Comfortable rooms. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dave,

I appreciate your comments about our staff and hotel. I'm so glad that you found everyone to be courteous and helpful - after all, that's the reason we're here! The complimentary hot breakfast is a fan favorite of our guests. If you haven't already, I recommend you try our homemade french toast with fresh fruit and made from scratch cinnamon butter - it's delicious!

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I stayed at the Franklin Hotel with a certificate for a free one night's stay. The service was impeccable at the fabulous complimentary full breakfast service, the staff was very friendly and helpful at the front desk, and the room with balcony was attractive, comfortable, and spacious.

The front clerk Casey looked at my Mapquest directions and simplified the directions for me. She is definitely an asset to this hotel. My only regret was that it was for one night only. Even though I was a nonpaying customer, I was not treated that way but with the utmost courtesy. If I ever need a place to stay near Chapel Hill, I will definitely will return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia W
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Hello Patricia,

Thanks for your comments. We're so glad you enjoyed the balcony and the hot breakfast at our hotel. Casey is one of our newest team members and she loves to take care of our guests by making things easy for them.

We can't wait to serve you again soon, whether you have a gift certificate or not!