I was lucky enough to stay at the Franklin for 2 nights in a lovelt 2 room suite with balcony and found it restful and accommodating! Lucky for us we did not have a bug peoblem as I read the last review but I suspect any balcony could have "creature" comforts on any given day. What I loved were the comfortable and inviting beds with silky smooth linens (the hotel would have made a sale if they had extras to sell), the large bathroom and a huge living area with kitchen and dining area. We actualy ate in, having bought delicious foods at A Southern Season (a must stop for any foodie) and the leisurely conversation time as well as some "snuggle in and watch TV time" were just what we needed for some needed alone time. The hotel is wonderfully located, however for dining out or walking around the lovely town of Chapel Hill and taking in the sites and amusements of this lively university town. Would definitely return...pricey but a great get away if you plan to spend time in the room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina