The Franklin is excellently located within walking distance of downtown Chapel Hill, restaurants, and campus. The room was pleasant as was Windows, the breakfast room. Breakfast was a decent buffet with coffee service, but refills I had to summons the waiter for refills after waiting for too long. I loved the Carolina memorabilia outside Windows. But our problems with the place were (a) no towel racks in the bathroom, (b) a broken hook (i.e., no hook) on the bathroom door, and (c) no place to buy soft drinks. I'm sure the idea is that a boutique hotel like this wouldn't stoop to vending machines, but really.... To the hotel's credit, the front-desk person did bring up two glasses of diet drink, when we asked where the vending machines were. A little more attention to the customer experience might be warranted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Odigeo so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina