This is a beautiful hotel. I've stayed 3 x since it opened. Each time I notice how poor the actual service / hospitality is.
Don't get me wrong, everyone there is very nice, just not enough staff. Calling to front desk often no answer, upon check in no carts for self help and no one in sight to help initially with luggage.
Some mold in shower.
All above being mentioned the room is comfortable, facility nice. They need more staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina