I just loved staying here. This was a quick stay for work and I felt right at home. Chapel Hill is such a great college town, and Franklin Street is full of great shops, places to eat and a little live music as well.
The staff here is so friendly and had a great dinner recommendation. They even had a sound maker delivered to my door because I mentioned I'm a light sleeper.
The rooms are great. A sofa, comfy bed and large stand up shower are standard here, as are tasteful lamps, a built in audio system and granite tops on the counters and a few furniture pieces.
This is much nicer than a Marriott or Hilton and also has great charm. Some of the room furnishings and finishes are teetering on being close to Ritz Carlton quality. I loved my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina