I found The Franklin on Tripadvisor and choose it for both the reviews and location. About four days before we were due to arrive the hotel called to not only confirm but asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. Can't say that happens often.
We were visiting UNC and wanted a hotel with a good location that we could walk to most places and this was perfect. The rooms are a good size and well appointed. The beds are comfortable with good pillows; always a plus for me. The staff was very friendly, from the doorman to the women that made up our room. Included in the price was breakfast and on Saturday they had a small buffet that was very good.
Now, the place isn't cheap but I think in the end it delivered and help make our stay that much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina