Loved this hotel and its attention to detail. Was a bit concerned about the previous reviews talking about noise, as I am a light sleeper, but I stayed in a king room overlooking Franklin Street and was super comfortable. I didn't have a connecting room, and I stayed during the summer months when UNC was not in session ... so maybe that helped? Staff were super friendly; the common areas (the atrium) were lovely and welcoming; the balcony off my room was a real treat; and the amenities (super large shower with rain shower head, cushy linens, etc.) all added up to a great stay. This hotel was a great value, especially considering that a made-to-order breakfast in a comfy dining room was included. My new go-to hotel in the Chapel Hill area ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina