Nice boutique hotel right on the main strip in downtown Chapel Hill. A bit pricey but you're paying for nice amenities and a great location. We also used a AAA discount so that helped a little bit. We had a corner double room and it only had a shower, so I don't know if other rooms have tubs or not. We did not eat breakfast in their restaurant since there are so many outstanding restaurants nearby. Their bar had a nice fireplace and my wife cozied up with a book and a glass of champagne. Turndown service was efficient and friendly. Free wi-fi was okay but not incredibly fast. Not for the budget-conscious but a nice treat for those who can afford it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina