I wanted to love my stay at The Frankin Hotel - it is perfectly located in downtown Chapel Hill and has a lovely asthetic. Unfortunately, my stay was ruined by poor service from the front desk. We arrived at noon, hoping for an early check-in because we were going to a 2pm play. We were told that no rooms were clean and available but that the cleaning staff was working to clean rooms and turn them over. We were told there were 3 rooms ahead of us and would get the 4th room that because available. The woman at the front desk asked us to come back in an hour or so. We returned at 1:15pm. Again we were told our room was not ready and there were no clean rooms available. We quickly changed in the lobby restroom and we to the play. We returned at 5:30pm to check in to our room. Unbelievably, they still did not have a room available for us. Needless to say, we were beyond disappointed (and worried we wouldn't have time to change or would be late for our dinner out that evening - we were just late). Other than the wonderful bellcap Warren who had seen us throughout the day and sincerely apologized for the problems, there was no apology from anyone at the front desk or any explanation as to why they did not have a room available for us. In fact, it was only at Warren's suggestion that they gave us a free drink in the bar to try to make up for this hassle. Once in the rooms, they were fine and clean. However, we asked for a wake up call on the morning of our departure, and it never came. Luckily we had set our phone alarms or I fear we would have missed our morning flight. The front desk actually called 30 mins after our requested wake up call - as we were walking out - and I told them the wake up call had never come and they said only it should have. Again, there was no apology for the oversight. Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel based on our experience - the front desk bordered on incompetent and was wholly unapologetic for the problems we experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'd love for you to stay with us whether you're in town for business or pleasure! We are the only hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, right on Franklin Street - just steps away from all the action such as UNC Chapel Hill's campus, Dean Smith Center, Kenan Stadium, UNC Hospitals, Morehead Planetarium, Ackland Art Museum, and tons of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Our guiding principle is to be hospitable, so we focus on our interactions with you above all else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Franklin Chapel Hill, North Carolina