“vibrant atmosphere, great for parties”
Review of Jujube

Jujube
Reserve with OpenTable
Jujube is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 313 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Jujube offers a unique culinary experience in the Triangle that brings a fusion of Vietnamese, Cantonese, Indian, Indonesian, Japanese and even Hawaiian cuisine infused with the finest Western influenced flavors. We feature an extensive collection of craft beer, a wide variety of wines that elegantly complement our menu, chilled sake from Ginjo to Daiginjo as well as a refreshing assortment of signature cocktails. Escape the ordinary. Come enjoy our harmonious environment where Asian themed decor and soft lantern lighting awaits you. In the warmer months, enjoy dining al fresco on our outdoor patio. At Jujube we aim to bring you an eclectic myriad of tastes in an ambiance that brings together both the beauty of Asian tradition paired with a whimsical modern twist.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a little hidden gem - it's in the corner of a tired shopping strip. The food is fusion with tastes from China, Cambodia and Vietnam. There are great cocktails to start with from a very well stocked bar. A selection of dumplings makes and excellent appetizer for a group sharing platter. We were a group of 8 and the waiter suggested 4 main courses to share amongst us after the dumplings. For those people wanting to eat outside there is a comfortable terrace.

1  Thank Jane B

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Four of us shared three apps--the duck sweet potato egg rolls were spectacular, the shrimp and grits were excellent, but the bbq pork belly dumpling was a miss (dumpling was doughy and pork belly wasn't moist). All of the entrees were very good, bordering on excellent in some cases! I had the crab and shrimp cake with sweet potato curry (quite spicy, but in a good way). Others had the pork Bolognese and stir fried shrimp with rice noodles. But the star was the Mongolian style pork chop, which was perfection. We couldn't resist trying the crack pie, and I have to agree with others....the first bite, you think, "so what"...but then you keep going back for more. Beer selection was good, and the cocktail selection as well. The décor was pretty, and generally the noise level was fine.

1  Thank travellerfromatown
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent food. Could use a better selection for wines by the glass. We all enjoyed our meals which were the duck, rouge chicken, and shrimp stir fry. Highly recommend the egg rolls which you make lettuce wraps with. Shrimp dumplings were good. 3 entrees, 2 apps, 3 cocktails, and 2 glasses of wine were 150. I don't think that's unreasonable.

1  Thank lcrunk
Reviewed 18 April 2014

A friend and I dined at jujube in Chapel Hill last evening and I planned to have the lemongrass hangar steak again....but there were some new items on the menu. I had the poulet rouge with shaved brussel sprouts, and my friend had the mongolian pork chop with mint. We shared a salad and the rice-=flour fried calamri. It was a great dinner. Glad we tried something new!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We picked this spot thanks to our fellow TripAdvisors. The four of us had a fantastic meal.

The house manhattan is very good - just the right touch of bitters. The gin&tonic was a hit, too.

We had the veggie rolls for an appetizer. I had the mushroom and oyster soup with the special fried oysters for the main course. (The soup was recommended earlier in the day by a client.) Two had fish main courses and loved them. Daughter, the vegan, had a hot pot. Dessert was a yummy flourless cake and vegan cheesecake which my daughter adored.

The service was calm and relaxed, yet attentive. They kept the water coming which is important with all of the curry in the house. They did not ID the college kids, which I know is an important tip for the students at UNC. :)

It was our first time, but not our last. With kids at UNC, we will return. I also love the location - Glen Lennox is such a great retro center. Make a reservation!

I didn't think the atmosphere was THAT great - it's just a neighborhood restaurant. Too bad some of the locals feel they need to bring their tiny crying babies out to dinner on a Saturday night.