“Chicken Cheddar Biscuit only !!!”
Review of Time-Out - CLOSED

Time-Out
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: Time-out Is A Chapel Hill Institution Located Downtown On Franklin Street For Over Thirty Years.time-out Is The Only 24 Hours Restaurant With Delivery In Town Open 7 Days A Week. We Are Famous For Our Chicken Cheddar Biscuit And Southern Comfort Food.
Salyersville, Kentucky, United States
“Chicken Cheddar Biscuit only !!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Saw this place on Man vs. Food. I knew if I ever got a chance, I would have me one of those big, square biscuits !!! I did get one...and it was good...but I would not have eaten ANYTHING else they had. Everything looked like it had been held for days. Overall...not the experience I expected.

• Visited July 2014

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Over Priced Food”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Time Out in Chapel Hill is definitely not UNC student friendly, the prices are outrageous a two piece chicken meal with 2 sides is nearly $8. I recently dined there to find that most of the food is pre-cooked and left in warmers, the chicken was exceptionally dry and tasted stale the sides had definitely been out in the warmer far too long, if you want to add a drink to the chicken dinner please be prepared to pay a total of $11 for your meal per person and there are no free refrills a refrill is approximately 50 cents-avoid this place and travel further down15-501 and stop at Bojangles same chicken dinner cost $5.75 and includes a free refrill ice tea

• Visited August 2014
illinois
“After party drunk food - ONLY!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Ok - Man Vs. Food made this already popular place famous. And while it has character, and low prices, the food is terrible! I imagine this is the go to place on a Fri/Sat after party stop. But if sober, you will actually notice that the place is filthy, and the food (especially in the food warmers) is GROSS! It has been siting there for hours! Friends took us there, and we had the chicken cheddar biscuit. Interesting, but nothing special. You can make it at home yourself in your clean kitchen and avoid any after the fact IBS symptoms! Watch the rerun on tv and skip this place!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank siestaclaud
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Overrated”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Well I came because I seen it on Man vs Food and was very excited that I was in the area well we went to the one by the dorms I don't know if it would have made a difference. I really don't understand how your in the south and I can't find a place that makes fresh collards and real baked Mac and cheese I'm lost about that the chicken wasn't all that I really don't know what's all the rave is the first thing I'm gonna do is continue to search for some true southern food this place good be way better. There gonna close the Franklin Ave location to demolish the shopping center so they'll move but the one on 15/501 will still be open.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Best chicken I have had in a while”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Placed a large order for fried chicken from the Franklin Street location for a group event and very pleased. The chicken was cooked appropriately, not overcooked, but crispy and tender. The accompanying biscuits were huge and were split into smaller portions. Guests at the event commented how good the chicken was.

While the store has a website it does not seem to have a phone! I had to stop by the store to place my order, but the staff on site were every helpful. The store advertises it is open 24 hrs per day, 365 days per year, so guess I can return when I feel the need for more delicious fried chicken or the many side dishes also available for purchase.

• Visited May 2014