Rizzo Center(Chapel Hill)
Book now, pay at stay
US$203
US$169
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

The Franklin(Chapel Hill)
Book now, pay at stay
US$200
Curio.com
Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$135
Sheraton.com
Courtyard Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$144
Courtyard
Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$124
Aloft Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$124
Aloft.com
  • Pool
Residence Inn Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
US$129
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$192
US$188
Chapel Hill University Inn(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$67
Chapel Hill InnTown(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
US$100
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
1,552 results
All reviewsthe crossroadssouthern charmunc campusfranklin streethistoric hotelfront porchchocolate chip cookiesplace to stayrooms are smallself parkingwonderful staytar heelturn down servicebed was very comfortablehistoryweddingcarolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Attended a weekend wedding here and the venue was one of the highlights of our visit to North Carolina. Conveniently central to Franklin Street (2 blocks). Utterly exquisite rooms with some of the most comfortable bedding I have slept on (very soft cotton sheets, mattress pads)

TIP 1 - The Fitness Centre is accessible 24 hours with your room key. And, it features a large bowl of fruit and fresh water. So if you are a bit peckish late evening or early morning when room service is stopped and the shop is closed, then you can pop in there and grab a bite of fruit.

TIP 2 - Free coffee outside the restaurant first thing in the morning if you need some caffeine to start you up before sitting down to breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MaldivesComplete
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My daughter and her two young children took me here for brunch the Sunday before Mothers Day to coincide with my visit to them in Chapel Hill. We had been here once before for one of their holiday teas. The inn is beautifully decorated with lots of historical pictures and memorabilia. The buffet was very extensive and fancy. The children were 3 and 5, but even though it is a fairly formal setting there, the brunch was kid-friendly. I pretty much tried a little of everything. There was an omelet station, hot and cold entrees, fruits, breads, and cheeses, and a remarkable dessert table. It worked out great that we were there the week before Mothers Day, and also that it wasn't graduation weekend at UNC yet. Personally, I avoid holidays at restaurants. The added advantage was that it was less expensive than the Mothers Day brunch on the actual holiday. The kids ate free and I counted as a senior citizen, so we got a pretty good deal. The staff at the Carolina Inn is exceptionally polite and attentive. Check out their website for special events.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Beautifully decorated. Gracious warmth both in the physical presence of the inn, but also the service given. The staff is professional and gracious. Rooms and bathrooms are lovely. The restaurant and bar offer a great menu and service. All the meals, including the buffet breakfast, were great. One of our favorites (and we are avid travelers)! And the chocolate chip cookies used as a greeting by the front desk staff are REALLY good.

Room Tip: Although numerous UNC fraternities are nearby, I suspect the hotel has used a special sound blocking glass and insulation. Every wing is quiet based on our experience.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Took my mom to a dance performance at the nearby theater. She has limited mobility and The Carolina Inn was suggested by a local contact.
Absolute charming location, old world style, easy check-in. Bar staff was very friendly and we had a light dinner before the show that was top notch. Breakfast buffet the next morning was nice too. As mentioned in a lot of reviews the rooms are small - just know that's small with a small font s. Furnishings are sumptuous and bedding was SWEET! Ventilation was great and both our rooms were quiet even though the property was fully booked. Bathroom too was small but one of the prettiest I've ever seen.
On check out we were handed a bill that caused my knees to buckle. I had stretched my budget when booking and somehow something had gone drastically wrong in accounting and I was getting charged those rates you read on the back of the motel room door that you can never imagine anyone ever actually paying. I had nothing to go on but my memory of the phone call 6 weeks prior so standing at the desk arguing wasn't going to produce any results. Very luckily for me I found my notes from the call when I returned home and a call to a very gracious manager brought about a happy ending. Moral for me from here on is to get a written confirmation on any and all future bookings no matter what the price.
This is a nice spot and if I find myself in Chapel Hill in the future I will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were in Chapel Hill for a college tour.

The Carolina Inn was a perfect start to our visit. The inn is located at the edge of the college campus. Excellent attention to detail, courteous staff, wonderful rooms, excellent food.......

At check in we received chocolate chip cookies. My daughter said they were off the charts good.

We truly enjoyed our stay and would gladly return.

Excellent experience