When I arrived, I had to tell the agent that I was hearing impaired and needed to read her lips. I found myself placed in a room directly next to the elevator (Room 330). Because I was in conference events all afternoon and evening, I didn't realize this situation until I tried to go to sleep. Even a moderate/severely deaf person can hear the roar of an elevator. I did get another room at 11 p.m., and this one's design is so laughable I can hardly believe it exists. A wall of closet conceals desk, tv/microwave, closet. I find myself constantly opening and closing rather large doors in order to get things then not being able to maneuver around the bed. Similar with shower door, which forces me to step over the toilet to get into the shower! It has reached the point of hilarity (if it did not cost $300+ per night). Also, the taking advantage of my disability to place me in a loud room is just basically against the law. Next time I'm staying at La Quinta where at least I'll have space to move in my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chapel Hill, at the doorstep of the beautiful campus of The University of North Carolina. Come experience world-class service, elegantly appointed guest accommodations, superb dining, outstanding meeting and banquet facilities, and an expert staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Carolina Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill
- Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill
- The Carolina Inn Chapel Hill, North Carolina