“wonderful”

The Carolina Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was impressed with the place , the rooms are spacious and clean , service is superb , close to the Chapel hill UNC campus, safe area and very helpful staff.
The restaurant is very good and fitness room is equipped nicely.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Carolina Inn

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a beautiful overnight stay at this hotel. The inn is stately yet unpretentious. The staff were very helpful and the room was comfy yet elegant. And it was fun reading the profiles of some of the many accomplished unc chapel hill graduates whose pictures and descriptions decorate the walls of the inn.

I used hotel tonight to book my stay here, but that was on a weekend when there was little going on at unc chapel hill. (School was already out for the summer)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

the carolina inn is an early 1900 hotel. the ambiance is southern and comfortable. the facilities are very nice and refurbished. location is close to the amenities of the college town. the restaurants and lounges are friendly to parents and students. the hotel is in walking distance to the athletic events and the arts.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

You are far better off spending your money at the Hilton or somewhere else. Standard room doesn't even have a window and its a shoebox. Seriously can't believe this place thinks it's acceptable to put paying guests in here. Don't risk it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kellynbiscuit
Seth K, Manager at The Carolina Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for the feedback and I would like to personally apologize for your disappointment with your guest room. It is extremely important to us that each and every one of our guests believes that they received tremendous value - and their lasting memories are positive ones. Most importantly, it is our goal to continue to improve the guest experience and while the overwhelming number responses are quite positive, I do appreciate feedback such as yours. I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you in greater detail about your visit and can be reached at 919-918-2728.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here last weekend for a wedding in Chapel Hill and were quite pleased with our stay. Our room was large and bathroom nicely updated. We had drinks and snacks in the lounge and service was good, and on Friday night they offered food, drinks, and live music on the front lawn (we stayed inside as it was toasty outside). Location is great two blocks from Franklin Street at the edge of campus and the setting beautiful. Our rate was very reasonable in the wedding block, however, we were surprised upon checkout by our final bill as we did not realize we were charged for parking and taxes and fees were not included in the confirmation. There were several other wedding groups staying at the hotel, but that did not interfere with our experience aside from traffic outside the hotel on one occasion when a shuttle for a wedding was dropping guests at the hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Carolina Inn is an iconic place in the heart of Chapel Hill. Allied with the university, it is a must stay place. All who know and love Carolina want to experience the Inn. Food is great, location is perfect, and the rooms are up to date, and a quiet haven after a full day experiencing Chapel Hill and all it has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carok1968
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I had heard the roumers about this hotel been "haunted"..although I did not believe them now I'm wishing I did. I stayed on the second floor, which when a lovely man told me about I did get the creeps as my Mum had already told me this floor was meant to be the floor to which the activities occurred on. Also I was by myself, which made this worse.
Lovely, clean room, no faults for staff or anything. Comfy beds and once the noise had stopped, a good sleep.
The only thing to me was the eerie noises and it sometimes sounded like my door was being knocked on. The walls had some tapping but no saying that wasn't anyone outside my room. I did not see any ghosts, thankfully.
But can not fault the staff.
Stay here if your on a honeymoon or with your family, but not alone!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo