“Great, convenient and clean”

Chapel Hill InnTown
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Austin, Texas
“Great, convenient and clean”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My family -- three kids of various ages -- along with wife -- stayed here over thanksgiving weekend while visiting my bro and his family, who work at UNC. Because he lives near UNC we could literally walk both to UNC campus (we saw a play and a women's soccer game), and his home to burn off some of those thanskgiving pies.
The apartment -- a two-story townhouse style -- was clean, comfortable and affordable. Really enjoyed the washer, dryer, stove, tv and beds. My seven-year old daughter was thrilled to sleep in a bunk-bed for first time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cyrus R
ericplow1, Owner at Chapel Hill InnTown, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are also glad that you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the University of North Carolina campus.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Chapel Hill for me has always been an intellectual oasis in a rural countryside. A beautiful university a bit in the middle of nowhere. Sure, it's changed a lot since I was growing up here in the 80s-90s but that is the foundation. These condos are like everything I equate with my childhood. Not glamourous, not luxurious, not fancy. Just a quiet almost mountain-like escape with the whole world waiting outside. The decor and linens are dated, and the outside is constantly trying to come inside on your feet (leaves, pine needles). But it's a place to call home away from home. Centrally located - less than $5 cab ride or a free bus from Franklin Street and the rest of the university. Fully stocked with appliances, dishes, linens. There were even left-behind coffee, salt and pepper - communal feel. We have family in town, but can't stay with them, so we just want a casual, affordable place to crash during our visit. If you aren't looking for a luxurious getaway and just need a place to stay and want to be in town, this place is perfect. It's like staying at grandma's house while she's away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Megan G
Thank you for your review, which emphasizes our goal of providing reasonably priced, furnished apartments within walking distance of the University of North Carolina campus. You are correct that Chapel Hill has changed dramatically since the 80's. I have lived here since the 70's, and Chapel Hill has grown from a small sleepy college town to a vibrant community of students and professionals. We call ourselves "The Southern Part of Heaven", and I'm glad that our guests can validate that this description is still applicable, even though Chapel HIll has grown immensely!
Grovetown Georgia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My family paid for three nights in November but stayed just one night and forfeited the money we paid for the other two nights. The apt seemed clean but the furniture, bed linen, towels and carpet were very worn. Bath towels were small and very thin. The bed comforter was old and faded. Stairs were steep. Heater had problems. Two of us had significant allergy issues in the apartment. We think future customers would appreciate the extra space and convenient washer/dryer, etc., if they are comfortable with the rustic conditions. We never met the owner but he was cordial in his emails and phone calls. We regret that it didn't work well for us.

Room Tip: We wish we had seen the apt before paying for three nights.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cwpw
ericplow1, Owner at Chapel Hill InnTown, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
We are sorry that our condos did not fit this families expectations. We hope the reader will read the many positive reviews that follow. There was a problem with the heat upon arrival, but we fixed it immediately after being notified.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for three weeks whilst I visited the University of North Carolina for research. I found the apartment very cosy. It was clean and had a range of amenities including a washer sand a dryer, in addition to the standard stove, refrigerator and microwave oven. Its location was very convenient for me as it was close to two bus stops that presented me with a variety of buses that would take me to UNC Hospitals and back. Unlike hotels where long distance phone calls may be pricey, at Chapel Hill InnTown it was very cheap. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Ann F
Northport, Alabama
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My wife and I stayed for 11 days in a furnished two-bedroom apartment in Chapel Hill InnTown. The apartment had a large living area downstairs, two bedrooms upstairs, a patio, and a small upstairs deck. All appliances (including coffee maker, dishwasher, and washer/dryer) worked well. The apartment was off the street, surrounded by trees, and thus was relatively quiet for such a central location. The place was much more spacious and livable than a motel room and was no more expensive. I would call the accommodations quite comfortable, but not high-end. We had one small issue that was quickly addressed by the owner. I can’t say enough about how quickly and considerately he fixed the problem. I will definitely be staying here the next time I am in town for an extended stay.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank S P
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is a great value for a family. With teenagers, we don't like to cram into a little motel room anymore, so instead of having to pay for two motel rooms, we rented one condo. It had plenty of space for everyone and it was nice to have the living room to hang out in. It was convenient for us, and very quiet. It's true, as another reviewer mentioned, that the furnishings weren't brand new, but that wasn't an issue for us at all. In fact, we all found the beds very comfortable and got a great night of sleep. And I'm someone who often finds hotel beds uncomfortable, so this was a big deal to me. The bathrooms were clean and completely adequate for us. I definitely plan to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jody M
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed at the inn town condo,and I couldn't have been happier.THe location is great. I like being able to walk to places,and staying here,I could walk to anyplace in Downtown Chapel Hill. You could drive to anyplace downtown in less than 5 minutes if the weather was bad,or you preferred not to walk,but then you will need to find a place to park.
The unit was very clean and comfortable. It is nice having someplace where friends can visit with you while you are in town. Hotels are too cramped. I also enjoyed having the kitchen,so I didn't have to eat out all the time. I was very surprised by how close a couple of eating places were. You can literally walk around the corner,and get something to eat.
This is a great alternative to a hotel,and much more convenient if you want to be in town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
The Franklin
The Franklin
#4 of 18 in Chapel Hill
The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection

Been to Chapel Hill InnTown? Share your experiences!