“Great budget option in Chapel Hill!”

Quality Inn Chapel Hill
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great budget option in Chapel Hill!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had a great stay at Quality Inn Chapel Hill. The room was very clean with all the comforts we needed - blow dryer, iron, toiletries, etc. There was a nice little outdoor pool that some children were splashing in when we arrived. Although we didn't' swim in the pool, it appeared to be very clean and well kept. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice breakfast available in the morning in the lobby - waffles, cereal, breads/pastries, fruit, etc. It was overall a wonderful experience and although I will be moving to Chapel Hill and won't likely need to stay again, I will recommend it to all friends and family that may come to visit! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OurDogLucy
Alvin S, Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are grateful that you would recommend our hotel to others. It is because of guests like you that we continue to try to improve based on feedback. Thank you again from all of the staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Normal, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I arrived early and the desk clerk was very helpful in getting me settled in a very nice room, with a bit of an up grade as well. Nice, clean, quiet, comfortable, good breakfast and a tad bit hard to find. It sits back from the highway and you can miss it if you don't keep a careful watch. If your Garmin GPS takes you into a car dealer you are close, just up the hill, but not quite there.

Venere.com reserved this room for me and I will use them again for sure. Good experience with their service..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard Y
Alvin S, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased when our guests leave with a pleasant experience behind them. I hope that you will come visit us again when you are in the area!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I frequent this hotel pretty often and I find it to be well worth the money. The quality of the breakfast may suprise some who are used to the terrible excuses for food many other hotels are offering these days. The staff is friendly and polite. There is one stand out named Ivan who works the front desk. He seems to always go above and beyond to ensure that everything is perfect for the guests. He handles issues immediately. This prompt service makes you feel like you are actually cared about and that sure is rare these days. Stay with confidence.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Alvin S, Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We try to provide a good stay with good value at our hotel. We are pleased when we are able to accomplish that task. Thank you for acknowledging the service of our staff. I will make sure Ivan is recognized! Please come see us again!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Finding decent hotels can be a huge problem now days. This was a pleasant, quiet and the breakfast was great - standard but great, especially when the days before I had experienced poor breakfast at other hotels.
The juice was good and fresh as were all the pastries!
Would stay again, even though it is off the beaten path, it had good value.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Edward D, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Good value ... however the night staff seems a bit questionable. One of the older workers wanted to debate race, politics, UNC at the wee hours of the morning as I was trying to check-in. I found not only the nature of the discussion to be highly inappropriate, but also his lack of regard for my time. The following morning the grounds keeper used a leaf blower early in the morning to blow debris off the sidewalk onto to just-washed car. He was aware of what he was doing, but I guess he did not care. That left a sour taste in my mouth ... is saving a few bucks worth being disrespected. If I shelled out a few extra bucks to staff at that nifty, stylish hotel Franklin Hotel., then I may not have encountered this experience ... my dollars, my property and most of all dignity would have been appreciated better closer to campus ... where there's more class and they know we expect it.

Room Tip: Be cognizant of what time of day you check and the worker behind the counter.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your review. Please accept my apologies for any inappropriate conversation by any of our staff. It will be addressed as we only want our guests to feel welcomed at our hotel. I will also talk with the landscapers to have more care when maneuvering around the cars of our guests. Please come back to see us again so that we can make your stay 100% better!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was hosting a party for my significant other and had several out of town guests attending. I made arrangements for a group rate, which worked out quite well; Barbara Leedy was great to work with. I wished we could have extended our rate deadline as I had additional people who at the last minute decided to attend and payed full price. Otherwise it was perfect. The pool was open, which was super appealing to our group and of course the continental breakfast each morning. Are there better hotels in the area? Absolutely, but for a weekend jaunt it is perfect. I actually like the hotel. They put my group together which made it nice to keep track of everyone. My only complaint, which I had from before are the "pillow nuggets." They are so uncomfortable, but we just made do. I will definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone needing a reasonably priced, clean hotel for their group. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed 3 June 2013

It's an older hotel and the rooms show it. But, older also means pretty landscaping. So, if you will be spending little time in the room, this location allows you to drive into town quickly and enjoy a nice property. Staff are friendly and helpful and competent. Breakfast offered a few more selections than standard quality inn fare. Air conditioners are very noisy and rooms can seem dark, but hey, you aren't paying top dollar! You'll get your dollar's worth. Be warned, it is difficult to find this place the first time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Alvin S, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your comments regarding our landscaping and breakfast selection. I am sorry to hear that the room you were in was not to your complete satisfaction and will look into rectifying it. Thank you again and please come back to visit if in our area again so we can make a 5 star impression!