“Absolutely horrible!”

Quality Inn Chapel Hill
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
“Absolutely horrible!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This has been my worst experience with any hotel. The room was not clean when I checked in and by the third day of my stay, I had to request for my room to be cleaned. There was no hot water during my entire stay and the weather was below 30 degrees. After expressing my disappointment to the manager, he agreed to give me a one day credit which I never received! They instead over charged my credit card. If you want to stay in a cheap hotel, do yourself a favor, move under the bridge!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank khadijat q
Edward D, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 25 July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
State Road, NC
Reviewed 8 March 2014

At $64.00 for a clean, comfortable king bed, no-smoking room, this hotel is our favorite for a great value when we stay in Chapel Hill. It used to be a Hampton Inn, is now a Quality Inn. It is located on a service road that runs parallel to Hwy 15-501, near the junction with Franklin Street, so it is very close to great restaurants, shops and the University of N.C. Franklin Street has to be one of the very best "main streets" in a college town anywhere. Don't miss it!
If you like turn-down service, in house restaurants and elegant hotels, look elsewhere; but if you like clean, comfortable in a great location, you can't beat this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMotsinger
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three days. Overall it was great. A little outdated, but the staff makes up for it. Debbie in house keeping was very helpful and polite. Brody was fantastic when we had questions, he went above and beyond to help us even while it was busy. Thank you quality inn!

• Stayed February 2014
Shelton, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was caught off guard by the snow storm and was able to get a room at this hotel. They were swamped and still were very courteous. Service was good by everyone except the person that checked me out - I think his name was Brody or something like that. The room was good (carpets need to be cleaned). Overall my stay there was good. In a pinch I would stay there again. They had my points in the system but they did not show up on my final receipt. I have to follow up to make sure I got credit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I was here during the ice storm and the staff was so uncaring and apathetic to all the problems the storm caused. Breakfast was terrible and my room smelt like smoke.
When I tried to ask some questions, the staff sat on the computer and would not help me until the 'shift ' changed.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Chapel Hill hotels

Largo, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We checked into a spacious, spotlessly clean and well stocked room. Tim, the manager personally attends to his guests with a great attitude and friendly smile. Kam makes certain the free hot breakfast bar is fresh and has plentiful selections for every diet. Brody, the front desk clerk is proficient at anticipating guests needs. Brody has a "can do" attitude and is always willing and able to help a guest. Zainab, of housekeeping, diligently works to give us a daily clean and fresh room.
The entire staff of Quality Inn is proficient in every one of their jobs. They always spoil us!

Room Tip: Inner rooms are nearer to the ice machine and exercise room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Wells, Maine
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Booked this hotel through Hotwire for a recent business trip to UNC. The price was VERY reasonable once we got to the hotel. Was able to check in hours before check in time and the staff was very helpful in changing the room type to accomodate two beds. The room was recently updated and the beds were amazingly comfortable. It was quiet although we were located on the first floor near the parking lot. In the morning, the continental breakfast was a welcome addition, they offered a friendly host, yummy waffles, sausage biscuits, cereal, bagels, yogurt, etc. WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!

Room Tip: The non-smoking rooms are great, anything on the first floor may have a little parking lot noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business