I was going to book this hotel anyway, but I got fortunate and found a Groupon for the hotel and paid $52 a night. I've read reviews about bad TV's and carpeting and such, well I must have gotten a renovated room because I had a nice LCD flat screen TV, carpet was OK, bathroom was above average, nice size fridge and a king bed. The front desk was awesome, when I arrived there was a woman in front of me that didn't have her printed groupon and they directed her to the lobby computer so she could print out another. The girl at the front desk(Crystal, I believe) was most helpful as I needed directions to Bank of America, not only did she tell me the directions, but wrote them down as well. The shuttle was cool, an easy way to get to the cam,pus and they drop you off right on Franklin Street at University Square, the only downside was they stop running at 4pm, but there are taxis available and it was a $12 fare from Carmichael Arena to the hotel. There are plenty of food options in the area as well as grocery stores, pharmacy, pretty much anything you need, just ask Crystal(ask her if you can have 10 wash cloths for your room, it's an inside joke that I'm sure she will remember!).
In closing, I had a wonderful stay and would recommend this hotel if you're in the Chapel Hill area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chapel Hill University Inn is known as the “Home of the Sports Experience” and is proud to showcase the winning traditions of the University of North Carolina Tar Heels. This sports themed hotel is the only full-service moderately priced hotel in Chapel Hill. The hotel is within walking distance to Trader Joe’s, Starbucks, SteinMart, shopping, more restaurants, and drug/ grocery stores. Hotel is located just 2 miles from UNC and downtown Franklin Street.Guests will enjoy complimentary Wireless internet access throughout hotel and in guest rooms. Other amenities includes: Free access to Kinetix Health Club and on site fitness center, business center, outdoor pool, and guest laundry facilities. Complimentary gourmet coffee is available 24/7 in the lobby. Hotel has a relaxing courtyard with covered seating and Adirondack chairs, as well as a gas grill and picnic area. Daily local shuttle service is provided to designated stops on UNC campus, UNC Hospitals, Franklin Street, the Friday Center and University Mall. Time- Out Sports Bar and Restaurant is on site. Watch any sports event on one of the 17 HDTV’s, play pool or video games. Open for breakfast and dinner, and will soon be opening for lunch. Time-Out is home of the famous Chicken and Cheddar Biscuit and was featured on Travel Channel’s Man vs. Food show. Room service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Chapel Hill University Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapel Hill University Hotel Chapel Hill
- Holiday Inn Chapel Hill
- Chapel Hill Holiday Inn
- Chapel Hill University Inn North Carolina