Chapel Hill University Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Residence Inn Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
Rizzo Center(Chapel Hill)
View Hotel
Chapel Hill InnTown(Chapel Hill)
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanfood lionmaintenance mancoffee pottar heelsunc gametrader joescontinental breakfastsports barnice poolshuttle servicefirst floorgreat place to staycomfortable stayfree shuttleconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in my life. I travel a lot and consider myself an experienced traveler . Chapel Hill University Inn is to be avoided at all costs. The rooms are not cleaned daily (or at least mine was not), beds are not made daily and only after a complaint they replaced the towels on the third day. of a four-day stay. The night manager was rude and unprofessional.

I reserved a room through Expedia, which sells it as a "3 stars". I am also lodging a complaint with them. Do not be swayed by the cut rates offered on this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank LAGeorge
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights and my bottle of expensive cologne came up missing. It was identified the day it went missing from my bag on the bathroom sink. The manager was notified the same day it was missing and I had to call back twice as I was not contacted for 4 days. I was told people 'misplace' things all the time and their staff said they never saw it or took it... I never saw them take it but I will assure you it's NOT misplaced.... We won't patron there again.... I reported it, you decide....
Reputable CEO

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Reputable-CEO
ChapelHillUnivInn, Manager at Chapel Hill University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

We apologize for the negative experience and impression that you have of our hotel, it is not the style of North Carolina hospitality that we strive to deliver for all of our guests.

We did thoroughly investigate the situation that was reported that evening, and we were unable to find any evidence of entry into the guest room in question other than with the key that was issued to the guest.

We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously, and understand your concerns. We continue to train our staff on appropriate guest safety and security precautions.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I read a few reviews before staying here for two nights, so I was a bit nervous before getting there. My daughter had orientation at UNC and the hotel provides a free shuttle very close to where we needed to be for most of our stay. I love the food at the bar on site and it's very convenient that there is a little strip mall across the street from the hotel with a trader joes, starbucks, and cute little italian place (I can't remember the name)! The front desk staff is really nice and I witnessed them take a lot of grief from other guests staying there with a smile. I had no problems. My key didn't work once or twice, but I came to the desk and they were able to fix that. Little issues are to be expected when staying at hotels, they were very prompt at fixing the issue, and even sent the houseman to escort me to my room and make sure I was able to get into my room with no problems. I will definately stay again! They probably should update, but for the price is just right!

Room Tip: I would try not to be right by the pool. It seems that it's quiet most nights but the construction guys do stay out late.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sabrina M
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed there in June of 2012. I was in Chapel Hill for a conference at UNC. I was very disappointed with my stay and really surprised that the sponsors of the conference recommended this place. The carpet was dirty, the bathroom was clean but needed updating badly, and my room was inthe very back of the motel where it was very dark and dangerous looking, near some bushes. The housekeeping staff left the doors open when they cleaned the rooms so my room and my colleague's room were filled with various types of insects. My colleague reported this problem to the front desk staff and she was simply told that this was a completely normal occurrence and did not seem phased. So all in all this place is NOT a good place to stay and it is shocking that it is even in Chapel Hill as it is totally out of character when comparing it to all of the other hotels in the area. I will NEVER stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank S B
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed here one night and it was ok. The staff was great and very helpful and I liked that they had a computer to use with a printer. This helped with printing off maps of the area and then my boarding pass for my flight. For the price it was worth it because of the location to UNC and the shuttle to Franklin Street. The room isn't exceptional- it is ok, but for the price and location it was just fine.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business