It's a Motel not a Hotel or an actual Inn - look up terms - this is a two story with outside facing doors.
Room faced convienience store across the street - lit up like mid-day all night. Room has sheer curtains and the heavy room darkening ones are on short fixed tracks - can't close- so it was like sleeping with the lights on.
TV didn't work - admittedly I checked in close to mid-night (had reservation) and the indicator light was on - figured the remote battery was dead - tried buttons on TV itself and nothing. Called the desk - said someone would be up to look at it. No one came. (after reading the story from Janet C - maybe that was a good thing.
Heat system was electric space heater plugged in next to the bed.
Room had the old musty stale smoke smell.
It was clean. If you need a bed and a shower it works for under $100 but I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chapel Hill University Inn is known as the “Home of the Sports Experience” and is proud to showcase the winning traditions of the University of North Carolina Tar Heels. This sports themed hotel is the only full-service moderately priced hotel in Chapel Hill. The hotel is within walking distance to Trader Joe’s, Starbucks, SteinMart, shopping, more restaurants, and drug/ grocery stores. Hotel is located just 2 miles from UNC and downtown Franklin Street.Guests will enjoy complimentary Wireless internet access throughout hotel and in guest rooms. Other amenities includes: Free access to Kinetix Health Club and on site fitness center, business center, outdoor pool, and guest laundry facilities. Complimentary gourmet coffee is available 24/7 in the lobby. Hotel has a relaxing courtyard with covered seating and Adirondack chairs, as well as a gas grill and picnic area. Daily local shuttle service is provided to designated stops on UNC campus, UNC Hospitals, Franklin Street, the Friday Center and University Mall. Time- Out Sports Bar and Restaurant is on site. Watch any sports event on one of the 17 HDTV’s, play pool or video games. Open for breakfast and dinner, and will soon be opening for lunch. Time-Out is home of the famous Chicken and Cheddar Biscuit and was featured on Travel Channel’s Man vs. Food show. Room service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Chapel Hill University Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapel Hill University Hotel Chapel Hill
- Holiday Inn Chapel Hill
- Chapel Hill Holiday Inn
- Chapel Hill University Inn North Carolina