“A Must visit for TarHeel Fans!!! I love this place!!”

Chapel Hill University Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“A Must visit for TarHeel Fans!!! I love this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Earlier this week, I had the priviledge of staying at the fabulous Chapel Hill University Inn. This place has it all! The staff was wonderful, very accomodating and super nice. It's hard to say what the best part of this hotel is, because I love it all. It's right in the middle of everything! Shopping in any direction from the parking lot. The Tar Heel Express buses pick up, right accross the street to shuttle fans to the sporting events. My favorite thing is, it's a 3 minute drive down to the heart of Franklin Street, which is the Mecca of TarHeel Nation. Don't get me wrong, this would be a great place to stay, for anyone and any occassion. But if you're a tarheel fan, you don't have any business staying anywhere else! When you walk in the lobby, the ACC flags are hanging from the ceiling, and everything you see in UNC memorabilia. The room was perfect! Clean, roomy, comfortable. There are a few must do's for Tarheel fans. You must visit the Old Well, you must spend time on Franklin Street, you must visit the Basketball museum, you must go to a Basketball and Football game in Chapel Hill, and You MUST stay at the Chapel Hill University Inn. I've certainly found my new favorite Hotel. I love this place!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I enjoyed the stayed I haves stayed at this motel in the last 2 years and have enjoyed my stay. I want you to thank mike persons he was the same person that helped us the first time we stayed and he helped us the 2nd time we stated and I grateful to have someone like him to work there in the future I would send anyone that had to go to chapel hill and needed to stay o will tell them to stay at the chapel hill university inn motel if o had to go back up there that's what I would tell them I wanted to stay is the chapel hill university inn motel that's where I am going to stay if got any business or if I go to and ball game and watch the tar heels play because that's my team I have been an fan of the tar heels all my life I want to say again thank for all that u have done for me and family when we stayed up there last month and 1or 2 years ago to and thanks again chapel hill university inn motel u will get all my business for now on as I go that way you are the perfect motel for my family.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Ericcaudill1
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

The Chapel Hill University Inn is ideally located close to the UNC campus. The staff is friendly and accommodating. There are restaurants close by as well as a great shopping center with a Trader's Joe. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bufey S
Murphy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

This hotel is a motel and definitely not a three star. The shower handle had mildew in the fittings of the control handle . The TV had the upper three channels including HBO snowy where you could not watch. The closet had a bag full of water hanging from the closet rod for I guess a moisture problem. The walls had no soundproofing and the birds woke me up in the morning as if the window was open. The heater made a loud noise so we had to turn it off. Even with this it had improved from the last time I stayed there. If I had know it was this hotel I was buying with Hot Wire I would never have purchased the room.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. It is not a three star. Do not use Hot Wire for this area.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rlbmces
Abingdon, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

We were in town to see the Heels play basketball. We had a Living Social deal to stay here. The staff was fantastic--very friendly and helpful.
The location is great, too. We will definitely use the University Inn as our "home away from home" in Chapel Hill.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mooseehc
Ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My son is a huge Tar Heels fan and the last two Christmas's we got him tix to a game, and flight/ hotel stay. This is the second time he stayed at Chapel Hill University Inn, the first time I picked it based on reviews online. This time he choose it because they had a good stay the first time. He said it was very comfortable, and staff was helpful. Would recommend if going for a game fo sure!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dabra21
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

The staff at the Chapel Hill University Inn made me feel as welcome as coming home. They were concerned with every aspect of my stay. I have stayed at just about every place in the Triangle in every price range. This is the most welcoming. The room was modern, clean, and very comfortable. Chapel Hill University Inn will be the place that I will choose when I visit Chapel Hill.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo