Earlier this week, I had the priviledge of staying at the fabulous Chapel Hill University Inn. This place has it all! The staff was wonderful, very accomodating and super nice. It's hard to say what the best part of this hotel is, because I love it all. It's right in the middle of everything! Shopping in any direction from the parking lot. The Tar Heel Express buses pick up, right accross the street to shuttle fans to the sporting events. My favorite thing is, it's a 3 minute drive down to the heart of Franklin Street, which is the Mecca of TarHeel Nation. Don't get me wrong, this would be a great place to stay, for anyone and any occassion. But if you're a tarheel fan, you don't have any business staying anywhere else! When you walk in the lobby, the ACC flags are hanging from the ceiling, and everything you see in UNC memorabilia. The room was perfect! Clean, roomy, comfortable. There are a few must do's for Tarheel fans. You must visit the Old Well, you must spend time on Franklin Street, you must visit the Basketball museum, you must go to a Basketball and Football game in Chapel Hill, and You MUST stay at the Chapel Hill University Inn. I've certainly found my new favorite Hotel. I love this place!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chapel Hill University Inn is known as the “Home of the Sports Experience” and is proud to showcase the winning traditions of the University of North Carolina Tar Heels. This sports themed hotel is the only full-service moderately priced hotel in Chapel Hill. The hotel is within walking distance to Trader Joe’s, Starbucks, SteinMart, shopping, more restaurants, and drug/ grocery stores. Hotel is located just 2 miles from UNC and downtown Franklin Street.Guests will enjoy complimentary Wireless internet access throughout hotel and in guest rooms. Other amenities includes: Free access to Kinetix Health Club and on site fitness center, business center, outdoor pool, and guest laundry facilities. Complimentary gourmet coffee is available 24/7 in the lobby. Hotel has a relaxing courtyard with covered seating and Adirondack chairs, as well as a gas grill and picnic area. Daily local shuttle service is provided to designated stops on UNC campus, UNC Hospitals, Franklin Street, the Friday Center and University Mall. Time- Out Sports Bar and Restaurant is on site. Watch any sports event on one of the 17 HDTV’s, play pool or video games. Open for breakfast and dinner, and will soon be opening for lunch. Time-Out is home of the famous Chicken and Cheddar Biscuit and was featured on Travel Channel’s Man vs. Food show. Room service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chapel Hill University Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapel Hill University Hotel Chapel Hill
- Holiday Inn Chapel Hill
- Chapel Hill Holiday Inn
- Chapel Hill University Inn North Carolina