“Great value and clean”

Chapel Hill University Inn
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip to UNC. THe rooms are reasonable so we booked two. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff, offered bottled water and given side by side rooms. The rooms are very bright, clean and neat. They are not luxurious but a great value. I've heard the breakfast is good as well.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

having t b in hospital stressing,the front desk,cleaning people and especially the handicapped rm i needed was so clean, fresh and all necessities for disabled people. Also they work with hospital with discounted rates to help families out. A+++ in my book. Be going up this weekend if i need hotel and money provails to get a hotel bd at this one

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This was my second time visiting the hotel and it is very affordable and convenient to UNC Chapel Hill where my niece attend the graduate school. I would highly recommend the hotel next time you are in Chapel Hill. The bed was comfortable and the staff are very friendly. They even had Truvia as one of the sweetner which was a big surprise to me. I will be staying at the hotel again next time I am in town to look for houses to purchase in Chapel Hill area as well as my niece's graduation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Earlier this month, I had the priviledge of staying at the fabulous Chapel Hill University Inn. My sister and I cameto Chepel Hill to see a basketball game for our bithdays. I enjoyed the stay and I have stayed at this motel twice in the last 3 months .The staff was wonderful, very accomodating and super nice. It's hard to say what the best part of this hotel is, because I love it all. It's right in the middle of everything. The beds are extremely comfortable. We got a great deal through Groupon. One highlight was that it snowed and the Tar Heels won. I weill definitely be staying here agian in the future.

1  Thank Heather G
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stay here a lot for it's convenient location to Franklin St. without the high price tag. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but the staff is always friendly, there's always snacks and coffee/tea in the lobby, free wireless internet, chocolates on the bed and you really can't beat the price. It's clean and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie G
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Earlier this week, I had the priviledge of staying at the fabulous Chapel Hill University Inn. This place has it all! The staff was wonderful, very accomodating and super nice. It's hard to say what the best part of this hotel is, because I love it all. It's right in the middle of everything! Shopping in any direction from the parking lot. The Tar Heel Express buses pick up, right accross the street to shuttle fans to the sporting events. My favorite thing is, it's a 3 minute drive down to the heart of Franklin Street, which is the Mecca of TarHeel Nation. Don't get me wrong, this would be a great place to stay, for anyone and any occassion. But if you're a tarheel fan, you don't have any business staying anywhere else! When you walk in the lobby, the ACC flags are hanging from the ceiling, and everything you see in UNC memorabilia. The room was perfect! Clean, roomy, comfortable. There are a few must do's for Tarheel fans. You must visit the Old Well, you must spend time on Franklin Street, you must visit the Basketball museum, you must go to a Basketball and Football game in Chapel Hill, and You MUST stay at the Chapel Hill University Inn. I've certainly found my new favorite Hotel. I love this place!!!

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I enjoyed the stayed I haves stayed at this motel in the last 2 years and have enjoyed my stay. I want you to thank mike persons he was the same person that helped us the first time we stayed and he helped us the 2nd time we stated and I grateful to have someone like him to work there in the future I would send anyone that had to go to chapel hill and needed to stay o will tell them to stay at the chapel hill university inn motel if o had to go back up there that's what I would tell them I wanted to stay is the chapel hill university inn motel that's where I am going to stay if got any business or if I go to and ball game and watch the tar heels play because that's my team I have been an fan of the tar heels all my life I want to say again thank for all that u have done for me and family when we stayed up there last month and 1or 2 years ago to and thanks again chapel hill university inn motel u will get all my business for now on as I go that way you are the perfect motel for my family.

• Stayed: January 2013