“Decent hotel, Highly-priced.”

Courtyard Charlotte Airport North
Ranked #44 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean hotel but high in price. Staff is friendly. Indoor swing pool and workout rooms are nice and lobby area is specious. Does not include breakfast. You can get better hotel at $194/night.
Will look for different hotel on next trip.

• Stayed: April 2013
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Onroadways,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We strive to ensure that we are giving satisfactory service. I do apologize if you felt that our rooms were priced high, our prices are comparable to other hotels in the airport market. Next time you are in the Charlotte area, I hope that you would stay with us and take advantage of our room rate packages that include breakfast. Once again, thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Despite the rather drab photo on the website, the Marriott Courtyard at Charlotte's Douglas airport is a bright, clean, and comfortable place to spend a night before or after a flight. The lobby is inviting, with computers available and an attractive bistro for a light meal, coffee, or wine. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful; the shuttle to and from the terminal was on time and quick.
My only complaint was the price of the food in the bistro: a late supper consisting of a very light appetizer with a glass of mediocre wine was nearly $20.00 with a tip: the breakfast sandwich the following morning was considerably more expensive than a comparable sandwich at other places. I miss the free buffet breakfasts common to airport hotels of this kind: they offer more variety, take less time than ordering and waiting, and are more satisfactory. The price of the hotel room is quite reasonable, but one or two light meals in the bistro will quickly increase your costs considerably.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear MartsoSwan,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We strive to ensure that our hotel is clean and maintained on a daily basis. I apologize if you felt that our Bistro was a little pricey, however, our prices are comparable to other restaurants in the airport market. Next time you are in the Charlotte area, I hope that you would stay with us and take advantage of our room rate packages that include breakfast. Once again, thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport.

Julia T Smith
Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport
2700 Little Rock Road
Charlotte, NC 28214

Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is a basic Courtyard Marriott. Good front desk service from Dominiq who swapped our room after we discovered that it reeked of cigarette smoke. I realize the smoking problem is not the fault of the hotel but was pleased that the front desk was so cordial about trying to make it right for us. The bistro staff was also friendly.

Room Tip: Just check to make sure your room doesn't smell like cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Luv2travel60996,

We appreciate your kind message regarding the exemplary service you received while staying at the Courtyard Charlotte Airport. We appreciate the time you set aside to share your experience, your feedback will be shared with my team.

Associates such as Dominique and our bistro staff truly define the tradition of exceptional service Marriott strives to maintain.

Thanks you for choosing Charlotte Airport Courtyard and we hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2013

Checked in and asked for wake up call at 345a. Never happened. Asked for 415 shuttle to airport. Was told by the princess at reception the first one leaves at 430. I kindly said the gentleman yesterday wrote down 415 ehile i checked in 10 hours earlier and she said no, it leaves at 430. Listen, I clearly understand she may be on a different page than the previous shift, but there is no need to tell the customer they are wrong or must have heard wrong. Really. It is 4am. how about, "sir, must have been bad information shared. so sorry. i hope 430a is okay. may i call a cab for you?" I travel enough to know exactly how much time I need for wake up and shuttle to airport. Staying at a Hilton in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Scootdogg1

I'm disappointed to hear of your experience while a guest in our hotel. We do offer a complimentary shuttle for our guest, however; due to the limited seating we do schedule the shuttle for the top and bottom of the hour only. I sincerely apologize if the information relayed to you was inaccurate. Thank you for your feedback, as I always use guest comments and experiences as a training tool for my staff. We work hard to go above and beyond the Marriott standards, and we pride ourselves on giving superior customer service. Thank you again for being a valuable guest and hope that if you ever have any lodging needs in the Charlotte Airport area that you will consider us again.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I made a last minute reservation at this hotel. We stayed just one night. We were quickly picked up at the airport by Lawrence, the friendly, helpful shuttle bus driver. He told us about nearby restaurants and informed us that he could take us to restaurants within 5 miles of the hotel. We did have him take us to Miguels (excellent recommendation) and once finished with our dinners, he returned to pick us up. The lobby decor is modern and pleasing. Our room (319) had two queen size beds and a slider to a small balcony. The room was spotlessly clean and everything was in good working order. The hotel offers free, moderately fast WiFi in the rooms and throughout the lobby. The hotel staff was efficient and friendly. This is a great place to stay if you need to be near the airport and don't have a vehicle. I recommend earplugs if you are a light sleeper due to the proximity to the airport.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Diamondsprings,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We strive to always give our guest exceptional customer service, and I'm grateful to know that we succeeded. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with my team. I will personally make sure that we recognize Lawrence for going above and beyond.

Thank you for choosing Charlotte Airport Courtyard and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Julia Smith
Courtyard Charlotte Airport - It's A New Stay!!
2700 Little Rock Road
Charlotte, NC 28214

Reviewed 21 February 2013

When we arrived the staff was extremely polite and helpful. We were given a great place to eat at, free drinks (due to Marriott status), and the entire layout was explained to us very well.

The hotel it's is very nice in the lobby area. There's a bistro to eat at, a pool and hot tub, a gym area (running machines and some free weights), and a shuttle to the airport.

The rooms themselves are a little older, but still good. There are signs that this place has been there for a while (peeling paint, crooked fixtures, old thermostats), but the beds were in great shape.

Overall, this was a very good hotel and I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the new part of the building.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Spent the night here after a trip to Costa Rica in a "rustic" cabin. This place was like a dream. Beds are super comfortable, very modern, very clean, VERY helpful and patient at the check-in desk. More than adequate business center had 3 computers and a printer to use for free. Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner in the bathroom. Lots of fluffy towels. We got it for only $80 a nite! The only negative is we were under the impression that there was a free breakfast. There isn't, but there is a little cafe there, so we bought some oatmeal and a DELICIOUS breakfast sandwich w/ havarti cheese that I highly recommend! :) Minutes from the airport, and although we didn't partake there was a free shuttle.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple