“Business Trip”

Ranked #48 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Denver, CO
“Business Trip”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was booked in this hotel for a business trip. I arrived around 12:30 am and was greeted by a staff member who was presentable, professional, and very pleasant. The hotel is very clean, well appointed, and well staffed. The staff was great, professional, personable, and great to deal with. The rooms were very comfortable, but I would advise not to get a room next the the elevator as with any other hotel.... The beds were comfortable, firm, and clean. Bathrooms were well maintained and clean as well. Carpets on the other hand are a little rough, but this is true in any hotel no matter how much cleaning you do to them. I would definitely stay here again as it is less than a few miles from the airport and other activities. It is about 20 minutes from downtown and a little more to the speedway, so keep that in mind.
The restaurant in the lobby was great, the food was fresh and the staff was very nice and helpful. The bar was great as well after hours and at night. Great personnel and very approachable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Zarian
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Zarian,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport. Our goal is to make a positive and memorable experience with every guest encounter. I am glad that we were able to uphold Marriott standards of maintaining a clean hotel and giving outstanding customer service. I will share your feedback with my managers and team. I truly hope that you will visit us again if you are ever in the Charlotte area. Thanks again for your time and feedback!

Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Manchester, NH
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We love Marriott's and this Courtyard was good. Yes, it has ZERO curb appeal, so if you're staying for long and hanging at the hotel, this may not be the place for you. It is convenient to the highway, with one way being a u-turn situation. But you can't walk anywhere from this location.

The staff was exceptionally helpful and accomodating. We enjoyed both Chrystal and Micah! Everything was clean and fresh. Disappointing that they now are using "The Bistro" format and don't offer any type of breakfast included. There aren't any quick coffee/doughnut shops anywhere like there seem to be in the northeast.

Definitely a short-term, airport convenient type of place. They have a pool and hot tub, but the outside fire put was never on while we were there. Also, I wouldn't recommend for families. The kids would be bored and afraid of the sketchy motel next door.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FoodLustNH
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear FoodLustNH,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport.

We understand and respect that you have a choice when choosing your hotel accommodations, and for that we are very thankful that you chose our hotel. We pride ourselves on having a clean establishment, but most importantly having a team that cares enough to go above and beyond for every guest. Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport, as we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Delaware
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here on a last minute overnight layover due to weather. We are Silver Elite with Marriott, so it's always are go to hotel chain. While it's not the fanciest Courtyard I've stayed in, I have to say the staff was wonderful! Carmen, the shuttle driver was such a pleasant person, and made us all smile after a long travel day. She recommended a wonderful Mexican restaurant close by, and offered to take us on her way to the airport. Same goes for the café staff in the lobby- all were very hospitable, never seen a Courtyard lobby bar so busy!
Our room was right next to the elevator which was very loud- would have asked to move-- but I they were booked.
I'd consider staying here again if we find ourselves in Charlotte!

Room Tip: Hotel is very close to the airport-- very loud plane noise at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
cruisinkim,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport.

Our goal is to make a positive and memorable experience with every guest encounter. I am glad that as a team we met your standards, but will definitely recognize Carmen for going above and beyond. We pride ourselves on upholding Marriott standards of maintaining a clean hotel and giving outstanding customer service.

I thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport.

Granby, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

They took my room number and made a 9 am shuttle appt when I checked in. I come down at 9:00 and the shuttle had already left. Front desk called shuttle and they "were already at the airport". Why make an appt in the first place if you weren't going to keep it? Why take down my room number if you weren't going to call me? So much for. Being a platinum member. Skip these clowns

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TFK96
TFK96,

Thank you for providing feedback with TripAdvisor of your recent visit. I am sorry to hear of your experience with our complimentary shuttle service.

Our shuttle service is scheduled due to limited seating. Proper procedure would have been to call any guest scheduled, that was not present before departing. I will use your experience as a training tool with my team, and again I do appreciate your taking time to share your experience. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your confidence.

Ft. Bragg
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Check in and check out was good. Room was OK, a little on the small side, shower only no tub. Annoying airplane noise late into the night and early in the morning. No complimentary coffee in the lobby, only starbucks coffee for purchase in the restaurant. Room key didn't work which was annoying. Overall an OK stay but not one of my best Marriott experiences. Very close to the airport to catch a flight.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
BraggDLA,

Thank you for providing feedback of your recent visit. I want to personally apologize for your experience, as I am sorry to hear that it wasn't a positive one.

For your convenience we do provide complimentary coffee in our guestrooms. We also have a good mix of rooms with tubs as well as showers. If you are ever in the area again and I do hope that you would choose the Courtyard Charlotte Airport . You may request some ear plugs and a room with a tub, and anyone on my team will be more than happy to accommodate you.

I appreciate you taking time to provide feedback, as I will share with my team during our ongoing customer service training. Looking forward to your next visit with us!

Whitetop, Virginia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel had "flipped" so many times that I never really considered it, even when Courtyard took it over. I'm really glad that we stopped in. Our room was a great size; very spacious with two queen beds. I like an HVAC system in a hotel room with a wall thermostat, as this one had. Courtyard always does a very nice job with the room amenities. Overall, we were very pleased and the location was perfect for the reason we came to Charlotte.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear VASusie58,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport. We truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business, as we do understand that you have a choice of hotels to choose from. Glad to hear that you love the new Courtyard layout, we always share this feedback with the Brand. Thanks again for choosing us!

Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Courtyard Hotels seldom disappoint and this one was particularly good. With two kids, we took full advantage of the indoor pool (which can be hard to find in Charlotte) and the hot tub. It has a limited bar/restaurant winch was convenient and fairly priced.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eduardo N
Dear Matrix275,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport. Our goal is to make a positive and memorable experience with every guest encounter. I am glad that we were able to uphold Marriott standards of displaying outstanding customer service. I hope that you will visit us again if you are ever in the Charlotte area. Thanks again for your time and feedback.