“Good location”

Ranked #52 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Central New Jersey
“Good location”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Thank goodness you could eat here, because there was nothing but fast food restaurants around the area. Even if it was typical Courtyard food, still better than the chain fast food places. Shuttle service was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Randy L,

Thank you for your wonderful review about the Courtyard Charlotte Airport. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the bistro for dinner. The shuttle is always a very convenient option to get back and forth to the airport, especially when you have an early flight. Thanks again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Forest, Virginia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Other than being just minutes from the airport, there is nothing else about this hotel that makes it any better/different than anywhere else. We got a decent rate for an okay room. Service was just ok as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear adharris0915,

Our goal is to exceed your expectations and unfortunately we were unable to do so. We value your feedback as our team is excited to improve on guest satisfaction and specific feedback helps us to do so. We hope if your travels bring you back to charlotte you will give us another chance.
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

From check in to checkout the stay was terrific! Although I checked in after 11pm, my room type and special requests were honored, the representative was a jack of all trades. I had no idea that she was the only one working ( the hotel was booked), she immediately brought extra blankets when I called to the desk( although I offered to come get them myself). Her response was " you did not check in for self service, we are here to serve you".
The room was meticulous, the bed comfortable beyond explanation ( I want one) and the noise level, non-existent ( with the full hotel AND by the airport. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tcra88
Dear Tcra88,

Thank you for your great review! It’s always a pleasure to hear that my staff is going above and beyond to make sure your staff is perfect. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in Charlotte.
Glen Cove, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was another stay I had near the Charlotte airport, I would choose this one over the SpringHill, the facility was better maintained and my room was clean. The odd thing is the hotel and my room seemed updated but they skipped the bathroom, the panels around the shower/tub we're separating from the wall and the bathroom overall was worn/dated, nothing to complain about especially with the quick stay I had. The front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly, as I stated I would stay here again if I needed to be close to the airport, not as noisy as the other hotel near by. This hotel Also has a bistro and Starbucks which is nice in the am to get your coffee before checkout that isn't typical hotel brewed coffee.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cptra
Dear cptra,

Thank you for your survey about your previous stay, we do value your feedback. It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I will be looking into the issues you mentioned in the bathroom area of your room. We can’t wait to see you next time you’re in the Charlotte area!
United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were in the Charlotte area for an AJGA junior golf tournament. This hotel is conveniently located off of I-85 near the Airport. Our room was relatively quiet and aircraft noise was not a problem. The hotel is somewhat modern, but does have some wear that needs to be addressed. Also the housekeeping was a little sloppy, as you could notice areas that were not properly vacuumed or swept. The room was comfortable and modern and was fine for the two nights we were there. The local area does not really have any restaurants close by, you have to drive several miles to find decent eats, although there is a small restaurant in the lobby which has good breakfast sandwiches, bagels, etc. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again, no major issues!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has minimal noise from Airport!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear graybrigade,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport. We truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business, as we do understand that you have a choice of hotels in our area. I will use this feedback as a training tool for my staff and managers. Thanks again for choosing us.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Check in was uneventful but as a Marriott Rewards gold member I expected an upgrade since the hotel was not full, and did not get one, nor did I receive any perks at all. No snack, and in spite of the Marriott rewards website that says as a gold member I get breakfast, NO free breakfast. To top it off my in room coffee pot had only decaf coffee so imagine my disappointment when I went to the lobby to get a cup of regular coffee and was told I could pay for starbucks coffee. I explained that the room didn't have coffee and finally got a cup of coffee to gulp down minutes before my airport shuttle. While this was going on the clerk was dealing with another customer trying to get the printer to work. I am now wondering why bother even joining Marriott Rewards ?

Room Tip: Get a room with coffee for the in room coffee pot unless you want to negotiate for coffee in the lob...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Thomas K
Thomas K,

Thank you for completing a review on Tripadvisor. As a gold member we appreciate your loyalty to the brand. Unfortunately free breakfast is not offered by the Courtyard brand, but we do offer some room rates that include breakfast. I will definitely use your experience as a training tool with my team, and again I do appreciate your taking time to share your experience. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your confidence.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Once in the room, smelled like old smoking room
Called the front desk, was very apologetic and offered to move me onto the "new" side of the building, once there, everything was status quo, a high quality courtyard
Spotlessly clean
Fresh smelling
Above and beyond service- great service at front desk
Good food
Comfortable & relaxing
Great work housekeeping department
Not a great location in Charlotte, only downfall

Room Tip: Request the "new" side of the building
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Mcsst9,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport. We truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business, as we do understand you have a choice of hotels to choose from in this airport market. I am glad that my team promptly handled your request. We pride ourselves on maintaining a clean, clutter-free hotel. I will share this review with my team - Thanks again for your business.

Julia T Smith