“They have lost the touch”

Courtyard Charlotte Airport North
Ranked #41 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“They have lost the touch”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our last stay here was bad. When we checked in the room was not in good condition. The floor and shower had hair all in it, I wore flip flops when I took a shower because I felt like it was dirty. The shower also had mold and mildew all in in. Whoever is in charge needs to check behind their housekeeping staff. The front desk staff was pretty rude and the shuttle was not a good experience either. We called 3 times before they finally got the shuttle to the airport 2 hours later and it was pretty cold having to wait that long. We are going to have to find a different Charlotte Hotel to stay at when we go to the football games because I don't want a fun trip to turn into a bad trip again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Emily M

Thank You for your review regarding your stay at the Courtyard Charlotte Airport. I am very disappointed to hear your stay was not satisfactory. The items you listed are not what I expect from my staff, and I will definitely be sharing your feedback in our next meeting with the staff. Again I thank you for your feedback and I apologize for you experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The lobby has been recently upgraded and is very nicely done. Unfortunately the rooms where we stayed have not. The one small elevator and corridors were very dirty. Either they had not recently been cleaned or the guests were exceptionally dirty. The hotel was full so maybe it was the guests! Our room was okay and bed comfortable although the room does need re-doing. The girl at reception was very pleasant and the Starbucks cappuccino well done. It was ok for one night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
BrentFinch,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Courtyard Charlotte Airport. I will definitely be looking into the issues regarding the cleanliness and discussing with our housekeeping staff. It was very nice to hear that the staff was very friendly and helpful. Again thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Charlotte.
Central New Jersey
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Thank goodness you could eat here, because there was nothing but fast food restaurants around the area. Even if it was typical Courtyard food, still better than the chain fast food places. Shuttle service was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Randy L,

Thank you for your wonderful review about the Courtyard Charlotte Airport. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the bistro for dinner. The shuttle is always a very convenient option to get back and forth to the airport, especially when you have an early flight. Thanks again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Forest, Virginia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Other than being just minutes from the airport, there is nothing else about this hotel that makes it any better/different than anywhere else. We got a decent rate for an okay room. Service was just ok as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear adharris0915,

Our goal is to exceed your expectations and unfortunately we were unable to do so. We value your feedback as our team is excited to improve on guest satisfaction and specific feedback helps us to do so. We hope if your travels bring you back to charlotte you will give us another chance.
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

From check in to checkout the stay was terrific! Although I checked in after 11pm, my room type and special requests were honored, the representative was a jack of all trades. I had no idea that she was the only one working ( the hotel was booked), she immediately brought extra blankets when I called to the desk( although I offered to come get them myself). Her response was " you did not check in for self service, we are here to serve you".
The room was meticulous, the bed comfortable beyond explanation ( I want one) and the noise level, non-existent ( with the full hotel AND by the airport. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tcra88
Dear Tcra88,

Thank you for your great review! It’s always a pleasure to hear that my staff is going above and beyond to make sure your staff is perfect. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in Charlotte.
Glen Cove, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was another stay I had near the Charlotte airport, I would choose this one over the SpringHill, the facility was better maintained and my room was clean. The odd thing is the hotel and my room seemed updated but they skipped the bathroom, the panels around the shower/tub we're separating from the wall and the bathroom overall was worn/dated, nothing to complain about especially with the quick stay I had. The front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly, as I stated I would stay here again if I needed to be close to the airport, not as noisy as the other hotel near by. This hotel Also has a bistro and Starbucks which is nice in the am to get your coffee before checkout that isn't typical hotel brewed coffee.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cptra
Dear cptra,

Thank you for your survey about your previous stay, we do value your feedback. It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I will be looking into the issues you mentioned in the bathroom area of your room. We can’t wait to see you next time you’re in the Charlotte area!
United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were in the Charlotte area for an AJGA junior golf tournament. This hotel is conveniently located off of I-85 near the Airport. Our room was relatively quiet and aircraft noise was not a problem. The hotel is somewhat modern, but does have some wear that needs to be addressed. Also the housekeeping was a little sloppy, as you could notice areas that were not properly vacuumed or swept. The room was comfortable and modern and was fine for the two nights we were there. The local area does not really have any restaurants close by, you have to drive several miles to find decent eats, although there is a small restaurant in the lobby which has good breakfast sandwiches, bagels, etc. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again, no major issues!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has minimal noise from Airport!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear graybrigade,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport. We truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business, as we do understand that you have a choice of hotels in our area. I will use this feedback as a training tool for my staff and managers. Thanks again for choosing us.