“Conveniences of Home”

Ranked #64 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Conveniences of Home”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Nice clean double suites with separate bathrooms, nice living room & kitchen area.
Great breakfast and very friendly staff. Our shower water was warm; not hot. Great location near nice resturants. A five minute drive to South Park Mall and easy15 minute drive to Carolina Place shopping in Pineville.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77 & Tyvola Road and for taking the time to comment on our hotel! We strive very hard to provide great cleanliness, service, and meals. Our location is also very convenient. Being located off I-77 & Tyvola Rd, we are only minutes to major attractions in Charlotte whether it be the malls, Carowinds Amusement Park, or Uptown Charlotte. Please don't be a stranger, come visit us again soon!

Residence Inn Charlotte South

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This hotel is right off 77 making it a great stopping point if traveling through Charlotte. The rooms were nice, very clean and very quiet. They rooms has some aspects of home (full size fridge, microwave etc) which was very nice to have. For the most part the staff was friendly and helpful but some you could tell weren't very excited to be at work. There are also plenty of restaurants/shops in the area and most areas of Charlotte are easily accessible from the hotel. While I thought there was nothing special to the hotel, I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77 & Tyvola Rd! I'm glad to hear you felt our rooms were "nice, very clean and very quiet" and that "most areas of Charlotte are easily accessible from the hotel". Those are definitely some of our assets. However, I was not happy to hear that although the staff was friendly and helpful, there were some that weren't very excited to be at work. I'm really sorry to hear that! That attitude is definitely not acceptable. Most of our staff have been working here for years together. We have a very low turnover rate because we function more like a family. I'm glad you said you would stay here again. Please do so that we can make your visit special!

tina.crossland@marriott.com
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here this past weekend and were very disappointed. While the staff was friendly and the unit clean (but old), the grounds and rooms were extremely noisy. We usually stay at residence inns when we travel because it is easier with three kids, and this is the first time I haven't been able to sleep at night because of noise. We could hear every step the people above us took in the evenings. Also, I was kept up all night by kids running around outside (seemed to be unsupervised) and adults coming in at 2am and talking loudly and turning on their car alarms. In the morning, there were 2 police cars outside the hotel. I don't know what happened during the night, but we did not feel safe. We checked out a day early. I will continue to stay at Residences Inns, but not at this location

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Guest,
We are so sorry about the noise you experienced this past weekend. It is not a common occurrence here at the Residence Inn Charlotte South. There was a large sports tournament and we hosted a team and it sounds like our security guard didn't do the best job in maintaining a quiet environment. We deeply apologize for that. It was an unusual weekend for us and although you expressed a disinterest in returning to our property, I ask you give us a second chance. Our guest's happiness is our number one priority. Please contact me at 704-527-8110 to discuss further.

Murphy NC
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We were here for 3 days and what a pleasant stay. Clean rooms, nice kitchen and very cool fireplace and little patio. So cozy and a big grill on the patio by the pool that cooked up steaks one night and Lobster tails the next. Lady named Holly Crow there was very nice and helpful. GOLD STAR to Victor Banks. I saw him in action and he is so helpful and makes you feel good about everything. Management Material! He helped make it a WOW stay. Victors a rare find, I hope this note helps Mariotte appreciate him. Good as gold.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigFrank28906
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2012

the staff was warm and friendly and our room was awesome. We did have some minor issues while staying here, the a/c did not seem to cool the room at all and one of the toilets backed up the 2nd day of our stay. The best part of the hotel to me was the breakfast. Eggs, sausage, bagels, biscuits, waffles and more!! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I lived at this residence inn for about 5 months (Sept. 2011- Jan 2012). We loved it. The staff was great and really treated us well. As long term guests we really established a great relationship with most of the employees. I couldn't have asked for a better stay. I have lived in hotels for much of the past two years (3 brands other than Marriott, Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Ramada ) and must say that this was by far the best experience I have had by a long shot. Food was great, breakfast 7 days a week and dinner Monday-Wednesday. Whether passing through or a long term stay, stay here!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff B
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Just stayed for one night and was very pleased. Marriott's Residence Inns are my favorite because you can get a one or two bedroom with living room and kitchen, more like a condo.
This one was atownhouse with one bedroom up and one down, very nice for 2 couples. It did have a few dated issues but all considered very nice for the price paid.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends