“Stay here often”

Ranked #71 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Stay here often”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

After staying here many times, I thought it would be useful to go ahead and write a review. The front desk now knows me by name and consistently provides exceptional service. We (my friend, my dog and me) have stayed in several different room types, from the queen studio up to the two bedroom loft. The rooms are always clean with everything in working order. The breakfast is a nice convenience and offers good variety. The location is also convenient and safe. This Residence Inn will continue to be our hotel of choice when in Charlotte.

Room Tip: I personally avoid Building 11, which is more traditional hotel style.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being a loyal customer of the Residence Inn Charlotte South. We appreciate your business but more importantly we enjoy getting to know you. Hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

The staff of this hotel is wonderful. Always helpful and with a smile. The rooms are not bad. I stayed in a one bedroom suite which was similar to other Residence Inns I have stayed in. Rooms were nice and quiet and the room was cleaned quickly. Good for business travelers.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and providing a review. We were happy to hear how much you appreciated our staff's spirit in being helpful with smiling faces. Thank you! We hope to see you again in the near future.
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Recently had an evening flight cancelled at CLT and had to spend the night unexpectedly at Residence Inn Charlotte South. They were very accommodating considering we arrived after midnight. The staff member, Michael, was awesome! He gave us toiletries since we were unable to obtain our suitcases from the airport. In the morning he was all smiles and had coffee ready for us before 6am! He also arranged transportation back to the airport.

The rooms are clean, but dated. However, they were more than adequate for the six hours we were there. Thanks again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blacknyellow
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. Although you had a quick visit with us, we are happy to hear our Front Desk staff took great care of you and that you had a great night sleep. We hope the rest of your trip went well. Best wishes!
Newberry, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I did not get into the host hotels for a conference. I was recommended here by the RI Uptown. It was about 5 miles from Convention Center but the travel was ok. The Lynx Train is only a few blocks from the hotel and it was an excellent mode dropping off at the doors of the Convention Center. Although an older property, it was very clean and well kept. The room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed, much more than my friends at the host hotel and I got a full breakfast every morning that was excellent. The evening reception was more like a full meal and was also very good. Only complaint was the bath/shower was small, but I am a pretty big guy. The staff from the front, to the maintenance, to the dining room were all very friendly. I would recommend this property. It was along I 77 but didn't hear traffic. Well done.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review! There were a few things that we appeciated that you pointed out. One being that although we are not located in the City Center, we are only 10 minutes from the city especially if a guest takes the LYNX Light Rail which is a few blocks away. The other comment we appreciated was your comment on how well kept and clean our property. Yes, we are not the newest property on the block but we work hard in making sure that it is well-maintained and clean. Thank you!!!
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our family travels often and we always try to stay in a Residence Inn when possible- we always find Residence Inn's to be clean and well-kept... sadly, this property is the exception. It's probably not fair that I submit a review as we took one look at our room and decided we were NOT staying there. Old, smelly, dark, damp, used paper products in the room... I immediately called the front desk and spoke with Kate- who is fantastic- she is the ONLY good thing about this property... she asked if we'd like to see a "newer" room- we agreed and took a look- while newer- this room was not up to Residence Inn standards either- odd smell, worn furniture, strange people milling about. Again I called Kate and explained we simply could not stay at this property- she quickly made arrangements at another Residence Inn in the area (Uptown). We "moved" to the Uptown location and were quite pleased with our room there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, we are very sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We are an older Residence Inn and we are due for a renovation which we hope will be happening in the near future (finger's crossed). However, a smelly room is unacceptable and we have addressed your concerns to the staff. We do our best to maintain a clean hotel and we're very sorry you experienced the contrary. We're glad to hear the customer service that was provided to you was excellent. If you would like to discuss further how we can improve, please contact us.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 June 2013

It is an older facility, but it is well maintained. The staff is what makes the place special. From the daily room freshening to the front desk, the people care about your stay and make the difference between just another blah hotel and room you look forward to coming back to at the end of a long day

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We appreciated your comment that our staff is what makes the Residence Inn Charlottte South. Our moto is "We are Residence Inn" with the idea that the Staff is what makes our hotel what it is. We all represent it. It makes us proud that we succeeded in showing that to you. Thank you!
Bremen, Indiana
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We had a lovely 4-day stay at this Residence Inn. The 2 bedroom suite was very spacious. With the bedrooms on opposite sides of the living room area, it offered everyone lots of privacy. The suite was very clean and nicely decorated. The gas grill and picnic tables outside are a nice feature. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was great! Different hot foods every day. The location of the hotel is very convenient too - very close to the airport, and only a 10-minute drive to Uptown Charlotte. We would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent review of the Residence Inn Charlotte South. We appreciate it greatly! The Two Bedroom Suites are great for families since they are private but also offer 2 private bathrooms as well. We hope to see you again in the near future.