Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road
Ranked #70 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Fairfax, Virginia
“50/50”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Have mixed reviews on our stay in Charlotte.Defintely prefer the efficiencies and will avoid the "tower" at all costs because during our stay, there was a tour bus of teenagers running up and down all night and barking dogs everywhere (which made our 2 miniature puppies join in so we had to close them off in the bedroom. Previously, we stayed on the ground level in an efficiency and it was cleaner, more updated, quieter, and a great stay. This last stay, not so much.

Room Tip: Avoid the "tower"
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,
We're very sorry your last stay at the Residence Inn Charlotte South didn't meet your expectations as last time. We had a sports team which is a rare occurance. We're sorry this disrupted your stay. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact Lashonda Cannie at 704-527-8110.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
M'town, NJ
Reviewed 1 August 2013

While to facilities were a bit dated, the two room suite suited our 5 week stay while awaiting our home to be completed in Charlotte. Two big screen TV's, fast wireless connection, a full size refrigerator that allowed us to store food and cook an occasional meal were all pluses. The gas grill poolside allowed us to cook out and enjoy the warm Charlotte weather and their hospitality night get togethers (M/T/W nights) were enjoyable. The breakfasts supplied every day varied in their presentation and were always hot and good.
The best aspect of this facility is the staff. They go out of their way to respond to any request and are always smiling and pleasant, at any time of day. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone with a long term stay requirement in the south Charlotte area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! It will benefit those long term guests who are researching extended stay hotels. Sometimes short term guests don't experience everything that a long term guests does so thank you! We hope you're enjoying your new home!
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Only negative to our stay was a barking dog in one of the nearby rooms. Fortunately we had earplugs so situation was bearable. Would definitely try it again. We had room on ground level and it had large screen tv. Staff at desk were helpful and there was a full breakfast in the morning.

Kent B

Dear Guest,
We're sorry about the barking dog. We're glad to hear everything else went well. Please come back again!
Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The staff was wonderful but our studio room (which was supposed to be a one bedroom) was only okay. It was dark and very dated and in serious need of renovation. The garbage disposal did not work and still had something in it. Stinky! We always stay at Marriott properties but this was quite disappointing. We would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
RICharlotteSouth, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,
We are very sorry about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Charlotte South. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Please contact me so that we can discuss further. You can reach me at 704-319-3572.

Tina Crossland
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I wondered a little bit when I walked into the small lobby, but what a great and pleasant surprise this property is. You can tell this is not a new property, but it is so clean and well maintained.

My room was huge, featured a well-equipped kitchen, nice large screen TV, fast internet connection, comfortable bed, big bathroom, lots of closet space, and most everything one would expect from a Residence Inn. I was also pleased with how quiet it was.

Outside there is a pool, sport court, basketball and lots to do. The grounds are nicely landscaped and very well kept.

By the way, my Friday night rate was excellent adding to the value. I am not all that easy to please and this stay was very pleasing.

This is my new home in South Charlotte, and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: The property is spread out a bit and it was nice to be close to the lobby & breakfast room. Ups...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Charlotte South. We're glad to hear you had a great stay and that we are your home away from home. See you when you get home!
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed there for 3 weeks and it was my a home away from home. Nice rooms, good food and GREAT people!!! The people at the front desk knew me by name and were always ready to help with breakfast or any questions I had.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
We're glad we exceeded your expectations during your 3 week stay with us and the staff took good care of you. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.You're always welcome here!

Tina Crossland
Lafayette, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed overnight on our way from NJ to Hilton Head, SC. We are a family of 5 so having a 2 BR and 2 bathrooms was wonderful. The price included a hot breakfast, cereals, yogurt, fruit etc. (food was ok) it was an excellent deal. It also was right off of Rt 77 so it was easy on/off. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,
We're glad to hear our location was very convenient for you and that you appreciated the amenities we offer. We hope to see you on your way back!