“great location”

Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road
Ranked #63 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
“great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Nice big rooms, big tv set, awesome location near the i-77. Quiet and peacefull. the only problem is the 'high speed' as they call it, internet connection which very rarely works fast enough just to browse wepbages. Apart from that there is nothing to complain about

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn Charlotte South! We apologize for the WiFi being slow. Did you contact the Front Desk to inform them? It may have been a night where we were full and if there were multiple people streaming videos, it will consume our bandwidth and potentially produce slower than usual service. Again our apologies. We appreciate your business very much. Please visit us again when in Charlotte.

Best regards,
Management Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

The location is great. It is located right off I-77 on the southside of Charlotte, NC. The front desk clerk, when checking in, was very nice. She explained the rules that if you make too much noise and someone complains, management will ask you to leave with no refund. The building was easy to locate. I was disappointed in the wear of the hotel from the outside. This hotel needs a facelift. The wood on the stairs and outside patio needs replacing. The paint is peeling and the boards old. Once inside, I was very disappointed in the size. I reserved a two bedroom/two bath bi-level suite (what they called a presidential suite, that it was not!). The kitchen and living room space was very small. The couch was old and had cigarette holes in it. The kitchen stove was very old and needs to be replaced. The room smelled old. We had to use air freshner and candles to make it smell fresh.

The beds slept good. Each room had flat screen TVs. The bathroom door needs replacing. It looks as though rats had eaten through the bottom of the door. I only stayed one night but was comfortable. I have stayed at better Residence Inn and I was really disappointed. I felt as though I did not get my money's worth for the size room that I paid for. Check out was easy and the front desk clerk was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tamara68
RICharlotteSouth, Owner at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn Charlotte South. We apologize about the condition of your room. Yes we are due for a renovation which we anticipate to begin in April 2014. All furniture and appliances will be replaced. We will keep guests posted on our progress.

Management Staff
boca raton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here for one night in a queen studio room on the second floor. Greeted in a warm and friendly manner as a rewards member and quickly given our room keys.
Not the most modern, with the room showing some wear and tear, but everything was spotless and in working order. Quiet A/C and comfortable bed even though only a queen sized.
Breakfast more than ample with the area constantly maintained and clean.
A quiet, comfortable one night stay with a very attentive staff. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Charlotte South! We appreciate your review. We were happy to hear you were greeted warmly by the staff and that you would stay with us again. Hopefully next time your room will be renovated! :-)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My family & I visited the Residence Inn Tyvola Rd in Charlotte on 10/19. The location was great and the hot breakfast was great. Although the restaurant was very small considering how many rooms they have. The rooms definitely need to be updated. The furniture and appliances were outdated! The staff was very friendly and accommodating and that was the best part of our stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tarsha1963
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Charlotte South from your recent stay with us. We understand the breakfast area is small and that our appliances and furniture are outdated. That will be changed once we go through our renovations next year. We were happy to hear our Staff was attentive to your needs. Your business is appreciated and we hope you visit with us again.
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

This RI is quite handy to I-77. The rooms are nice. The staff very friendly & helpful. The breakfast has all the usuals + apples, bananas, sausage, scrambled eggs & yogurt. It's far enough off the highway, but not too far, that it is a quiet location. I will stay here again when stopping in Charlotte.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Residence Inn Charlotte South! We are glad to hear that you were happy with our Staff, Breakfast, and Location. We hope to see you again as you pass through Charlotte.
Starke, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

While this Residence Inn is not as updated as most it was very nice. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. All front desk personnel as well as those working the breakfast bar were very nice and accomodating. The room was very quiet except for occasionally hearing someone run water above us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We are glad we met your expectations during your September stay at the Residence Inn Charlotte South and that the Staff was helpful. We will be undergoing renovations next year and hope that when you pass through Charlotte, you'll stay with us again. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Charlotte South!
Hampton, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I usually don't write reviews but I experienced terrible customer service. We checked in late about 11pm and the room we reserved was not exactly what we asked for so we called the front desk to see if we could change rooms. The reception told us she would have security check the rooms available and give us a call back. 40 minutes later no call so we called to get the status the same receptionist stated the security was still checking the rooms. Another 40 minutes later no call so we called back and there was a different receptionist who had no clue of the situation. Traveling with a 12 and 6 old I was furious! Security never even checked the rooms!!! We eventually moved to a better room but in the mist of the late night and waiting around for nearly an hour and a half my 6 year old left her tablet that was never found in the previous room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. We strive to be excellent in all we do and the service you received was unacceptable. Please call us to that we can rectify the situation.

Lashonda Cannie