“Nice pet friendly hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
Ranked #59 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice pet friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

It is easy to get downtown from this hotel. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and the pool area is very nice.

Breakfeast is ok and could benefit with a upgrade. I would like to see a lttle more protein options

This hotel is a good value

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Holly Springs, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night because we wanted to visit the church where my
daughter will be getting married next year on the following Sunday morning. We arrived in the late evening. Check in went smoothly enough, the problem came when we started the journey to our room. Supposedly this hotel was just renovated but all along the corridor the walls and light fixtures spoke of anything but a recent renovation. Then we entered the room. The carpet spoke of being newer than some things we saw...but there were big brown stains between the beds, and I would rather not think about what they might have been. Then my daughter went to climb into bed and a sock fell onto the floor out of the covers as she undid them! Yuck! Had it not been late, and had we not been tired that would have been it right there. Then we saw the bathroom...the door and floor were filthy! Needless to say my daughter was not happy about meeting her fiancee and his Mom not having showered, but that is what happened. After seeing the miserable standards of cleanliness we passed on the breakfast, as well. I do wonder if this is a "special room" for people using a special rate like AAA, which I was using, but I think it unlikely, since the corridors didn't look much better. This is truly disappointing since I have had several very pleasant stays at other LQ hotels, and hoped this would be yet another in a series of good stays with this chain. Alas, it was not to be...and this will make me think twice about staying LQ again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AndyMc65
Girard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

After a long trip on the road it's nice to be greeted by staff who are very friendly and willing to help with anything you need. The rooms are clean and the bed was very comfortable, even the pillows were good. The breakfast needs a little upgrade from just waffles, toast, cereal and fruit but that's not why I stayed there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

This was my second stay here and only because I needed to be in this specific area. Next time I'll try another La Quinta or different chain. The front desk is adequate, but should be more warm. The best breakfast part was the waffles, except be prepared to wait if there are large groups ahead of you. Although pet friendly, the small section in the rear of the hotel for dogs was definitely not a place I wanted my dog to walk around, so walked him on the sidewalk.

The main problem with this hotel is the large gap at the bottom of each door. You can and will hear everything by those walking by. I blocked it with a blanket to prevent my dog from going nuts with the noisy people in the hall. I'd guess it was at least two inches. This was a deal-breaker for me, because who wants to know when someone walks by their door?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Christiansburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Thought with this Inn being a little more in price it would be a little nicer; nope. Advised when booking I needed a non-smoking room no where close to smoke. Checked in late and next morning when getting up the room smelled of smoke from room next door. The crack under the door allowed the smoke to drift over. Needless to say allergies were already suffering. Also also had a dirty cup left in the room, air conditioning unit had build up of dust, candy on the floor at the head of the bed and black colored mold all over the bottom of the shower curtain. I advised mgt next morning of smoking room. Advised by desk, "oh sorry we must of overlooked your request and we can't guarantee non smoking room". Someone with allergy to smoke now will have a couple days reminder about the stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank scottbs
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

let me say right off, the staff at this location are exceptional. they couldnt do enough to make you happy. I booked 3 king rooms and we were able to ckeck in early at 1000 am.
the rooms were pretty clean but were in much need of revonation.
the breakfast was standard for most laquintas.

• Stayed July 2013